Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BBS E88 18'' 997.1 Gt3

Slippydiff said:
Hi Ollie, good to meet you a couple of weeks ago. No wonder you sold the Cup wheel so quickly !!
Wheels look lovely, but be aware, they're unprotected and thus high maintenance. You may want to look into getting the barrels painted and the outers anodised...

Fear not Slippy, plans are afoot. Either ceramic coating or similar on the barrels.

My car is never left dirty for any period of time anyway :thumb:

Slippydiff said:
Dammit said:
Love those wheels, I've been lusting after a set of 18" LM's for my car, but a little uncertain which ones to choose (width/offset).

9's and 11's Neil. Or 8.5" on the front if you can find them.

Is the 8.5" a nicer balance with the 11" rear than the 9"?

Dammit said:
Slippydiff said:
Dammit said:
Love those wheels, I've been lusting after a set of 18" LM's for my car, but a little uncertain which ones to choose (width/offset).

9's and 11's Neil. Or 8.5" on the front if you can find them.

Is the 8.5" a nicer balance with the 11" rear than the 9"?

The 9's are pretty much all additional offset Neil, so whilst they fill the arches out better, they don't do a lot for steering feel in my experience.
8.5 & 11's is what the Mk 2 996 GT3 used.

-ollie- said:
Today is a good day.

An exciting package arrived.

z87eULO.jpg

Followed by some hasty unwrapping;

dt7Cn9w.jpg

DwWSY4k.jpg

IsePinX.jpg

Now awaiting tyres to land.

I'm off to calm down in a quiet corner somewhere :grin:

Those wheels look stunning. When do we get to see them on the car? 8)

-ollie- said:
Today is a good day.

IsePinX.jpg

Now awaiting tyres to land.

I'm off to calm down in a quiet corner somewhere :grin:

🤤 WOW they look amazing! Can't wait to see them on your car. Where did you buy them from?

Unfortunately (or, if you are my bank manager, fortunately), BBS no longer make the LM with a gold centre, it would appear.

Am I obsessive enough to buy new silver ones and immediately repaint them?

Wheels were sourced via Fearnsport :thumb:

Tyres arrive on 10.07 so I'll be getting them on the car very shortly afterwards!

Great stuff - looking fwd to seeing them on the car :thumb:

Would love to do the same with Cup2's solely for TD's.
Sounds like only in 19's is this possible.

freddie44 said:
Great stuff - looking fwd to seeing them on the car :thumb:

Would love to do the same with Cup2's solely for TD's.
Sounds like only in 19's is this possible.

Hi Freddie,

Yes, Cup2's are N/A in 18" for these size of rims. My 2p worth on the tyre debate;

There are plenty of other choices in 18" however, Yokohama, Kumho and Toyo.

I don't doubt that Cup2's are a better tyre than all of the above, however I do doubt that I personally will be making absolute 100% use of Cup's anyway at the pace I drive on circuit. If in time I can outdrive the Yoko or similar tyre, and genuinely say that my car will go no faster without Cup2 fitment, it's likely time to park it up...

And buy a Cup car! :grin:

Haha sounds like a great idea!

Why are 18's thought of as the better option on the 997 GT3? Everyone seems in agreement on this. (we obviously have 19's fitted originally, so just wondered..)

freddie44 said:
Haha sounds like a great idea!

Why are 18's thought of as the better option on the 997 GT3? Everyone seems in agreement on this. (we obviously have 19's fitted originally, so just wondered..)

These particular BBS's are very light, which is why I went for them personally.

18's look much sweeter also, so I won't deny that's been a factor too.

All Cup cars run 18's as far as I am aware.

They're finally on. Absolutely delighted I went through the pain barrier with 18's rather than 19's - they just look so much more at home in the arch and in proportion.

t0V1Sm2.jpg

fwt01uz.jpg

Ozbv40i.jpg

9IyTsvx.jpg

Wow. They look ruddy marvellous :thumbs:

What are you doing with the old wheels, going to keep as a spare set or flog them?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back