Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coffin arm replacement...?

alcarmichael

Spa-Francorchamps
My car had advisories for front and rear suspension arms having some play in them, as I'm soon to have new tyres fitted I thought it would be a good idea to replace the arms and have geo set up all at the same time. I started to research on the forum whether it would also be a good idea to replace track rod ends, drop links etc at the same time too. I then see that posters have recommended not to replace the coffin arms as unless they become an MOT failure they remain to be perfectly serviceable.

I now don't know what to do, please advise...

I am in favour or replacing all arms at about 6-8 years to maintain the ride quality. Even if there is no knocking or play in the metal part of the bush, the rubber will be past its best. But there is a cost. To manage this I used the Hartech rebuilt arms and links did the work my self.

There are aftermarket options available that are cost effective too.

If you can afford it, replace all of your links. you won't regret it.

I would recommend taking your car to Centre Gravity which is to the north of Coventry, and getting them to do a thorough inspection. They will be able to give you an impartial professional view of what needs doing and what doesn't. I used them last year for this very purpose, I can't recommend them highly enough

Just had my rear ones done £140 from frazerparts ,£120 to get them fitted .
The opc wanted £1335 for the same job , I've not driven the car yet so not sure if it feels any better , but there was a tiny knocking noise from the back before I got them done hopefully it will be away now .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back