Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A couple of new products tested

FZP

Zandvoort
Just a couple of notes for anyone intetested. The first is a polymer coating by Sonax called Polymer Netshield. It's a simple coating for creating a super smooth surface and the water beads straight off. I've only sprayed water on it as a tester but seems to do what it says on the tin. Claims 6 months before next coat is needed, which I don't doubt as the last tin of Sonax lasted 3 years.

The second is a product I'd been searching for a while, albeit from a different vendor. It's Armour All Tyre Foam. Comes in an aerosol can and simply spray on and the foam does it's thing leaving the tyres clean with a nice shine. No need to do anything else, no scrubbing or wiping. Only recommendation is to wash the driveway down where you've sprayed as it may leave a mark. I'm anticipating 4 sets of wheels out of a can, so nowhere near as cost effective as other products, but good for when you can't be bothered getting your hands dirty.

Both tins we're sub £15 each

I have been using Sonax 02882000 High Speed Wax 500ml for a while now, works good and only costs like 8 pounds.

Just on the tyre shine. I washed the car yesterday after weekend downpours and the tyres still look great. Going to see how they hold up. In contrast to Meguiars tyre gel, after the wash they'd need doing again.
A bottle of Gel seemed last about 2 years, so longevity is there.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back