Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

MotoGP starts this weekend :)

Yep that's exactly it.
When the cameras cut to the fallers sitting in their garages looking totally fed up it was the realisation that their season was pretty much done for rather than just the race.
I wouldn't rule out Marc maybe falling off once more somewhere but he won't give away two DNFs. What's his lead now, 37 points or something?
Anything could happen as they say, but that's a big lead.

Anyway I'll just leave this here. Stolen from another site. :grin:

:floor: That is so funny

Marky911 said:
Yep that's exactly it.
When the cameras cut to the fallers sitting in their garages looking totally fed up it was the realisation that their season was pretty much done for rather than just the race.
I wouldn't rule out Marc maybe falling off once more somewhere but he won't give away two DNFs. What's his lead now, 37 points or something?
Anything could happen as they say, but that's a big lead.

Anyway I'll just leave this here. Stolen from another site. :grin:

That's funny, but Cal and Jack's 'commentary" was funnier still.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r-FI2ruabO0

Cal on Jack: 'and this is why you're known as Terry T-bone Steak ..." :grin:

:grin:

Yeah they have a laugh those two. Cal just spoils himself a bit sometimes. Grumpy *****. Apparently a great lad and well respected in the paddock though.

I was at Silverstone that year. Soaking wet.
Cal came back out on his spare bike and fell off that too. :grin:
He did all he could that day though. :thumb:

Marky911 said:
:grin:

Yeah they have a laugh those two. Cal just spoils himself a bit sometimes. Grumpy *****. Apparently a great lad and well respected in the paddock though.

I was at Silverstone that year. Soaking wet.
Cal came back out on his spare bike and fell off that too. :grin:
He did all he could that day though. :thumb:

The boy's a trier, can't fault him for that. Glad to hear him backing up Lorenzo after Wingales had a pop ...

If Lorenzo can get that Honda to his liking, they'll be sparks in the Honda camp, and if last weekend was anything to go by, Lorenzo's starting to push (and not just the front end ...) :grin:

Have to say I've always been a massive Jorge fan, having read his book, he had a pretty sh*t childhood.
His ability to dig deep and find the necessary willpower and fortitude to learn new bikes, when all those all around him are doubting him, is pretty incredible.

No doubt he AND Ducati are full of regrets at an opportunity lost (though I have to blame Ducati for not making the most of what was/is a multiple World Champion)

I must have missed your post Henry.

Yes I've heard about Lorenzo's crappy childhood. I must get around to reading his book. I do like him and I'm looking forward to the days when he's back at the front. I've no doubt they'll come again.
He does spoil himself though from time to time. Usually it's just when I'm starting to like him again. :grin:
Skittling the others last week was a total accident though. Let's hope he has a better weekend this weekend. Apparently he's confident he can carry on with the pace from last race.

Cal is a trier and as the old saying goes 'You can teach a fast rider how to stay on, but you can't teach a slow rider to be fast", so I'd rather be like Cal than be slow.
Having said that there's another old saying that says 'To finish first, first you have to finish". :grin:

Anyway chaps, Assen this weekend. Always a cracker!
It will mark the 2 year anniversary of Rossi's last win in Moto GP. :eek:

I'm hoping Marc doesn't win but as long as there's a decent battle, then whatever.
Rins has a new chassis for the Suzuki. Others have been testing various parts. Yams have been trying out the handlebar mounted rear brake in both lever and thumb push types.

Anyway I hope it's a good one. A wet one always causes some upsets. :thumb:

Another good race last weekend.

Quatararo (sp) was exceptional on a bike that, perhaps, should have been black flagged for being dangerous. He rode it like he stole it....

Germany next which is big crash site with that major down right-hand bend with lousy camber

Osh said:
Another good race last weekend.

Quatararo (sp) was exceptional on a bike that, perhaps, should have been black flagged for being dangerous. He rode it like he stole it....

Germany next which is big crash site with that major down right-hand bend with lousy camber

Hmm, fair point regarding the black flag. It did look a bit unstable at times. Not what you want with a 300hp race bike.

Quatararo certainly looks a threat to Marquez. Let's see how the rest of the season pans out. I doff my cap to anyone who can take it to the exeptional Marquez.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back