Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I keep losing my lower front splitter - 996.2 GT3

Roast Beef Racing

Just back from a trip to Le Mans, which was a great weekend! The only thing that slightly annoyed me was losing my lower front splitter on the A3 on the way out to LM.

With the front splitter in place there isn't much ground clearance but this is the second one I've lost, the first was a trip back from Spa.

Is it time to have a look at the front springs/suspension?

Annoying isn't it. It puts you off fitting them.

I bought my Mk2 the other month and it came with the splitter missing.
I have this one ready to go on but I'm going to leave it until next spring as I know it won't last the 3500 miles around Europe I have planned.

I take it you're using the £100 Cup one as opposed to the £160 GT3 one.
That's what I have above. £94 plus vat.

Worth checking your suspension like you say. Mine is on KWV3's set to half way but sitting low. I can't see winding mine up 10mm would help though. They are just so damn low anyway.

First world problems though I suppose. :grin:

The 996 splitter fixing system is entirely inadequate, as evidenced by Porsche adopting a completely different & far superior system on the 997.

Although this won't be recieved well by some, my solution is track & road proven over tens of thousands of miles:

15 to 20 self-drilling roofing screws - nobody will ever see them & they really do work!

https://www.screwfix.com/p/carbon-steel-self-drilling-screws-5-5-x-25mm-100-pack/54743

Buy a Cayenne.....

:floor:

It was quite amusing seeing the supercup cars return to the remote paddock at Monaco. Nearly all the tyre trolleys had one or two spare splitters on them.

Marky911 said:
Annoying isn't it. It puts you off fitting them.

I bought my Mk2 the other month and it came with the splitter missing.
I have this one ready to go on but I'm going to leave it until next spring as I know it won't last the 3500 miles around Europe I have planned.

I take it you're using the £100 Cup one as opposed to the £160 GT3 one.
That's what I have above. £94 plus vat.

Worth checking your suspension like you say. Mine is on KWV3's set to half way but sitting low. I can't see winding mine up 10mm would help though. They are just so damn low anyway.

First world problems though I suppose. :grin:

Yes, I have the cup splitter. I think they finish the front of the car off nicely. Will get it booked in for the suspension to be looked at.

Enjoy your 3.5k blatt round Europe!

What's the part number of the cup splitter please?

98C4S said:
What's the part number of the cup splitter please?

Here you go

Attachments

• img_5187_large_345.png
    img_5187_large_345.png
    994 KB · Views: 3,879

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back