Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust Clamps/Sleeves

DAVIDGT996

Silverstone
Looking to change the stock exhaust manifolds on my car as previous owner put on a sports exhaust but left the manifolds as orginal.

Whilst in with the Indy I thought I might as well get the sleeve/clamps & bolts replaced as they look a bit rusty. The ones listed on ebay for the 996 are £50+. When I click on the link on what buyers frequently bought at the same time as the manifolds they linked to these ones for £7.92

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/381613485225

Is there that much difference in quality?

I bought some ebay ones - they have been fine so far. Admittedly I haven't done many miles with them. I fitted them a year ago when the originals needed replacing.
A few weeks back, I replaced my silencers, so had cause to undo the clamps - they were fine and looked exactly the same as when I fitted them a year ago. I certainly wouldn't pay £50 for Porsche ones......

Look out for the discounted dansk ones - think I paid £27 for a kit from ecp or cp4l.

I trust you've read the manifold bolt horror stories! Budget for an hours labour per snapped bolt! There are 12 - last post on the subject 8 snapped! Stainless bolts or studs are the recommended replacement.

Exhaust Manifolds - Tiptronic

Thanks for the heads up on the bolts/studs - beyond me so will just get my local indy terry @ Autotrasse' to sort.

Some of the headers I have seen listed for the 3.4 carrera say not suitable for Tiptronic version. Is that something to do with clearances?

Any header recommendations for the Tip version.

Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back