Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cruise Control not working

Alex

Nordschleife
As title states. Was fine on the way to work this morning but nipped out later and nothing. Button on stalk pressed in, no green CC light on the dash, no cruise.

Had a search round but not much joy finding anything out. Fuse is fine. Next steps: Check bulb in binnacle, check its still coded in and not forgot it?? :dont know:

If the green light comes on when the stalk button is pressed then i would guess it's all powered up ok .. Fuse B7 ? something i saw on a wiring diagram .

If the system sees something that would normally deactivate the system then it wont work .. im wondering in no set order ..

Brake pedal switch

Clutch pedal switch.

If either of these are depressed or the car thinks they are then it wont activate the cruise as both of these switch the system off .

Also .. coding .. normally if its a coding issue then the green light will not illuminate ..

Coding is in the DME for sure and i think the instrument cluster .

My guess though is either the brake switch or clutch switch is defective .

Brake switch is a double switch .. im again guessing but i would have thought you might have psm / TC problems if this was at fault .. need a tester connected to check really i'm afraid .

If i'm correct then we are left with a clutch switch ...

And it's at this point you tell me you have a tip and i look skywards in the vain hope of some sort of divine answer :D

I know you don't though :)

Brake and clutch switch still have the green light on but won't let the cruise work.

I have no green light.

Alex said:
Brake and clutch switch still have the green light on but won't let the cruise work.

I have no green light.

you have the green light on when you press the stalk button or you have no green light ?? .. you've confused me atm .. which lets face it isn't hard lol .

Alex said:
As title states. Was fine on the way to work this morning but nipped out later and nothing. Button on stalk pressed in, no green CC light on the dash, no cruise.

So no green light even though cruise stalk button is pressed in. :grin:

Only thing I did between it working and not working was leave my car door open for a couple of hours :dont know:

Car still fired up fine after. I've read if the bulb in the dash goes it will stop the cruise working, is this also the case?

That i'm afraid i don't know .. i see no reason why a blown bulb would stop it working though .. possible as i don't know the system inside out .. easy enough to check though .. couple of screws and swop the bulb with another .. say alternator light to prove .

there is always the usual fix of vehicle handover and lock the car for 30 mins .. both fix software problems im afraid with no reason .. dam computers .. sigh .

Its yet another thing that might cause an issue ... vehicle handover done with a tester .

Can you do that with Durametric deMort ?
I`m working up near Alex tomorrow and can throw my cheap chinese durametric in the car before I head up there :grin:

Had a nice visit today from kurlykris and his icarsoft gizzmo. Plugged in and instantly pointed us to the cruise control readiness light not working. Pinged the binnacle off, tested bulb - dead & swapped with seatbelt bulb.

RESULT!!

Quick spin down the road and all is resolved.

Cheers Kris - beers are on me!

oV4CPpc.jpg

Well done Alex, you got it fixed before I even left Lancashire :thumb:

Did you have to clear the code with the icarsoft 960, or did it clear itself once the new bulb was fitted :?:

It didn't need clearing to work but the fault code was still stored so I cleared the code.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back