Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

USA road trip blog link & 993 3.8 engine build review

speedracer said:
Extremely informative and love the design of the website and pages :worship:

^^^^ This!

Some great links and info on there. I'm looking forward to your updates.
There's certainly a fair bit of paperwork to sort for driving in the USA huh. :eek:

It should be one of those trips of a lifetime. I'm sooo jealous. Well done on seeing it through. :thumb:

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. I'm thinking to thin out 'the car/P719' section so it is all buying, servicing and modifications (dump the road trips).

A huge amount of paperwork but once focused it doesn't take that long to do. The Insurance was harder. What is more difficult is the daily route plans – the first four/five days of the main road trip are frankly huge distances.

The image below is from one of the roads through Colorado that I'm taking. Car will be filthy!

The Tail of the Dragon will probably happen a day or two after landing. Last time I attempted it was on a Harley with ice on the road.

Sutton, sorry I can't give much more information on the cams and set up (I'm not techie enough!). Hopefully I am remembering this correctly, the 'rally' cams from Tech 9 are different to the RS ones in that they lift/open a bit higher/longer.

Attachments

• pc_road_170.jpg
    pc_road_170.jpg
    674.3 KB · Views: 8,587
No problem Anthony. My research tells me RS cams are really mild cams so something a bit hotter releases power and torque whilst keeping drivability intact.

Have a great holiday. I look forward to reading about it.

Subscribed! :thumb:

Had a quick (and all too brief) look at the blog last night. It is fantastic and highly informative...thanks so much and please don't get rid of it - not least because some of those mods are on my wishlist too.

Separately, what vintage of Speedy is that?? I feel the need for one of those coming on too sometime soon.

pierrebear said:
Had a quick (and all too brief) look at the blog last night. It is fantastic and highly informative...thanks so much and please don't get rid of it - not least because some of those mods are on my wishlist too.

Separately, what vintage of Speedy is that?? I feel the need for one of those coming on too sometime soon.

Thanks 😊👍

Speedmaster is a 3590.50 'Moonwatch' from the end of the run in 1996 (1988 - 1996) with the serial on the back of the lug at 7 'o clock. Almost the end of the tritium dial Speedys. Got a great deal on it as the paperwork dated the sale and guarantee card was dated 1997 and the retailer selling it had made the mistake of thinking it was a 3570.50. Friend of mine knew I was looking for one from '96 spotted it and told me to buy it before someone else realised.

Markers have turned a lovely colour over the years.

:worship: :thumbs:

Bon voyage! Such a great idea, look forward to your updates. :worship: :thumbs:

Cool! :thumb:

Have fun and looking forward to your update.

Good to see you are fully underway.

Putting the car to good use and making great memories.

👍👍

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back