Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Black 2002 996.2 C2 - Daily Driver

Thanks!

Beautiful sunrise as I left work this morning. Greeted by the 996 covered in thick frost (-2deg)...

crviqZx.jpg

Great thread!

Do you happen to recall what products and process you and your topless mate used to clean under the wheelarches etc? Looks like new...

Oh, and beware leaving the rear wiper standing up like that when washing... its easy to knock back down, and if the wiper blade spins round it can put a deep scratch in the c-pillar paint. Ask me how I know... :wack:

Excellent choice of colour. Mine is Carrara White, I've had it for so long now it's part of the family. For years I contemplated painting it black and now, after seeing yours, I might just do so. Lovely car, enjoy!

Robertb said:
Great thread!

Do you happen to recall what products and process you and your topless mate used to clean under the wheelarches etc? Looks like new...

Thanks! Jetwash out > TFR > scrub > jetwash out. The TFR I used was Carplan Trade 'Super TFR', sprayed on.

Good tip on the rear wiper. Think I might remove altogether as not used it yet.

TurboRob said:
Robertb said:
Great thread!

Thanks! Jetwash out > TFR > scrub > jetwash out. The TFR I used was Carplan Trade 'Super TFR', sprayed on.

Good tip on the rear wiper. Think I might remove altogether as not used it yet.

Just over 2 months in to ownership and all going well - 2,500 miles covered so far, the most recent a trip down to the south coast for a friend's wedding. On a steady 75-80 'moving with the traffic' cruise she returned 32mpg. Crazy good.

A couple of weekends ago I replaced the air filter and aux belt - took longer to get the tools out of the garage then to do the job itself!

17zloGi.jpg

Cheers, Rob

Popped back to see my parents over the bank holiday weekend, and use the lift to do a couple of jobs to the 996! Namely gearbox oil change and replace the crusty ignition coil heatshields:

gnWe61k.jpg

Drained in to a clean washing-up bowl...

xGWnOYS.jpg

So I could inspect oil after. All good.

I didn't have a pump to fill the gearbox after so used a new bit of clear hosepipe and funnel through the LHS wheel/arch and poured it in. Went in pretty quickly.

iMSgeeR.jpg

And the crusty heatshields...

M72j9TW.jpg

+ some new stainless bots and washers = Sorted!

TO3zHgP.jpg

Hoping to use the car for my annual pilgrimage to Le Mans in a few weeks time, if I can fit all the camping gear in. Stay tuned!

Had an evening to myself/nice weather so sorted the headlights out...they had that typical 15+ year old Hella'ness about them....

Before:
6aJpzV0.jpg

During:
ahQEB4a.jpg

Boom:
jnopabW.jpg

Cheers,
Rob

Digging the car, loving the thread! Keep up the good work!

Proof these cars go on and on if looked after and can look the mutts whilst doing it.

Black cars are the best when polished but are so hard to keep clean, keep saying I'll never have another. Then strange forces work against me and I keep ending up in them.

Thanks! Haven't stopped enjoying it yet -

Trip down to Le Mans for the 24hrs last week/weekend, fancied taking the Porsche but all hinged on being able to get all the camping gear in.

Turned-out to be no problem, packing carefully to fill all the available space:

eIvTFna.jpg

8hKYPmj.jpg

And managed to fill it several times with shopping for the camp when down there! (The beer is hidden at the bottom as they do random stop-searches at campsite entries now at LM).

rdxeZI8.jpg

Hidden in an underground car park whilst we explored the town centre on one of the days down there:

8YB3ckq.jpg

Packed-up again ready for the trip back:

AjTF0UB.jpg

Trip stats were 942 miles @ 31mpg average. Mega fun and felt in it's place whistling across France.

Oh and this happened on the way back home:

YMGRGEu.jpg

150k miles. Onwards and upwards!

...exemplary packing skills...& croissants in each picture...parfait :D

Croissant, baguette and charcoal - all the french staples!

Unexciting update, but a trip in/out of central London at the weekend to see a friend proved again how easy and usable this car is. 34degC, hellish traffic, no problem. Leave parked on the street overnight without giving two thoughts, no problem.

F2ke8ot.jpg

Love it!

Had an hour or so to myself the the evening. Secondary air pump has started whining on cold start - strip down, clean and regreasing the bearings sorted that:

bJENr8G.jpg

And gave the 997 Sports seats a good scrub (bar of pears soap and damp microfibre) then conditioned with Gliptone:

BWtXF6g.jpg

Onwards!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back