Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gmund Cars Ltd & Andrew Mearns FRAUD £1Million stolen

997 Coast said:
PH5121 said:
A thread announcing the demise of Gmund Cars on Pistonheads has disappeared since this morning.
It didn't go into detail and only had a couple of posts (then mine saying it would be better in one of the Porsche sub sections) but the posts weren't complimentary, and now it has gone.

I assume something to do with their naming and shaming policy.:?:

this forum remains open to views - mods warrant praise :bandit:

alancabriolet said:
Sadly I appear to be another victim of the car crash that is Gmund Cars.
In January I gave Gmund 911 Targa and a VW Splittie in exchange for a Porsche 356 Cabrio. It now seems that the owner of the 356 has not been paid. Not unreasonably he now wants it back and my cars have disappeared from Gmund.
So I am now looking for my Targa. If anyone is offered or sees the car detailed below please could you email me at [email protected]
Car advertised at Gmund website here http://www.gmundcars.com/cars/451/911_32_Carrera_Targa_
Being white it is not the most distinctive car but it does have the following extras factory fitted. Air con. Electric windows. Full leather in burgundy including the dash top. Sport type bucket seats with the bigger side bolsters. The leather inside has also been painted, not very well as it is peeling off in places. The front left wing is rusty around the headlight, but not the right one.
Hopefully someone will see it somewhere.

Copied from the General forum .

Just for information - Been keeping an eye on this for a while now - I have copied also the Porsche tractor forum on PCGB with links to both this and the most recent thread as Gmund were also active in selling classic Porsche tractors. Not sure if these were SOR or restos etc but just thought it might stop someone from the classic tractor guys getting caught out.
Hope that's OK...Cheers..Ian

How on earth is Andrew Mearns still walking around with a fully functioning set of kneecaps!

The man is an utter shyster, I mean this has to be fraud on a massive scale.

Any shareholders taking proceeds from any business when they are not directors should always tread very carefully.

moorhouse said:
Just for information - Been keeping an eye on this for a while now - I have copied also the Porsche tractor forum on PCGB with links to both this and the most recent thread as Gmund were also active in selling classic Porsche tractors. Not sure if these were SOR or restos etc but just thought it might stop someone from the classic tractor guys getting caught out.
Hope that's OK...Cheers..Ian

Many buyers of such machinery are burly farmers....not the type of people you want to pis@ off

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....29/farmers-ambush-flytippers-van-tractor/amp/

patpending said:
Any shareholders taking proceeds from any business when they are not directors should always tread very carefully.

Interested in this one why would that be, do you mean him stealing or taking proceeds or receiving them legitimately as a problem.

patpending said:

:?: Care to elaborate

deMort said:
alancabriolet said:
Sadly I appear to be another victim of the car crash that is Gmund Cars.
In January I gave Gmund 911 Targa and a VW Splittie in exchange for a Porsche 356 Cabrio. It now seems that the owner of the 356 has not been paid. Not unreasonably he now wants it back and my cars have disappeared from Gmund.
So I am now looking for my Targa. If anyone is offered or sees the car detailed below please could you email me at [email protected]
Car advertised at Gmund website here http://www.gmundcars.com/cars/451/911_32_Carrera_Targa_
Being white it is not the most distinctive car but it does have the following extras factory fitted. Air con. Electric windows. Full leather in burgundy including the dash top. Sport type bucket seats with the bigger side bolsters. The leather inside has also been painted, not very well as it is peeling off in places. The front left wing is rusty around the headlight, but not the right one.
Hopefully someone will see it somewhere.

Copied from the General forum .

Shocking but not unexpected, it's what we thought he was up to

Surely the police have to take an interest at some point, blatant fraud / theft on a material scale.......but as it does not involve speeding probably not :roll:

Anyone up for starting one of those online petitions about this is to get the police to investigate :?:

Who knows 100,000 Porsche owners and we could be it to parliament :bandit:

I would have thought Gmund would be liable for quite a lot on that list of offences.

patpending said:
https://www.cps.gov.uk/sites/default/files/documents/legal_guidance/Annex%2520A%2520Companies%2520Act.pdf

Ref 993(1) thought that was a bit funny given it's a Porsche forum/thread 😁

Im missing something, where does that apply to shareholders :dont know:

Shadow directors yes ie in the context of Mrs Samantha mearns selling her share before taking public office when she must have known what was going on but the relevent part of that is did she continue to act as / hold herself out as a director / "assist" in business matters / benefit from the fraud. Being a shareholder does not automatically mean you are liable for that fraud, that's why companies have directors ie to direct business on behalf of the shareholders but the shareholders do not make day to day business decisions.

Sorry I did not see the other link but my comments still stand

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back