Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wattso's 997 C2S

@hertsdriver

Hrm.

Since you offered, I would appreciate if you deleted your post as there's some factual inaccuracies in there, I really didn't want this thread to be any sort of spill over from the 'other' thread. I appreciate this wasn't the right car for you and I appreciate you're also making a general defence of PPI service, of which I think the only thing we're calling into question is borescope interpretation from less experienced people.

For avoidance of doubt here are the facts:
1. There is NO uncertainty about the engine.
2. On suspension - the PPI, and the subsequent inspection at Hartech, identified a single leaking rear damper, knocking rear control arm and rear ARB bush worn. Although I will be having a full new suspension anyway probably at centre of gravity as I'd rather get it done all at once and any cars of this age should be thinking about refreshes :worship:
3. All coolant pipes are being replaced - booked into OCD Porsche
4. Rear pads are 30% and rear disk slightly corroded - i've bought new rear brembo discs and pads which are being fitted shortly at OCD Porsche. Fronts are great with 50% pad wear, will be replaced when needed.
5. The exhaust bolts were rusted, there is nothing else wrong with the exhaust. They've been replaced at Hartech, 90 quid per side.
6. Smoke on start up is a long and contentious issue out side of the scope of this thread, needless to say there is nothing wrong with this car or its engine.
6. I didn't know about the wheel, I'll have to look at that when they get replaced.
7. On the paint - Yes, there is some lacquer peel on the a pillar and a mark on the rear less than a 5p, I'm in contact with some trusted bodyshops for a quote. I've also been in contact with professional detailers 'finerdetails' and 'off your marks,' (both extremely well respected in the industry and the best in the north west) to look at full paint correction, enhancement and ceramic protection. The price you quoted above isn't correct.

Either way, I'd rather we left it there please.[/quote]

Wattso said:
@hertsdriver

Hrm.

Since you offered, I would appreciate if you deleted your post as there's some factual inaccuracies in there

Hi, have done so but there were no factual inaccuracies, only differences of opinion :thumb:

Best of luck, the car was a bargain at the price you paid for it so I hope it all works out for you :thumbs:

Hertsdriver said:
Hi, have done so but there were no factual inaccuracies, only differences of opinion :thumb:
Apart from "Rotten Exhaust" :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back