Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2. GTS or 991.1 GT3

spongebob squarepants said:
Tiresome! :grin: :roll: Never! Perfectly useable even as a daily :thumb:

There's a lovely yellow one for sale at the moment as well...

spooky said:

There's a lovely yellow one for sale at the moment as well...

Apparently the yellow ones are also faster and liked by 🐝. If it's the Leeds OPC one the mileage is rather attractive :)

spooky said:
jonttt said:
With your use, GTS for me, GT3 gets tiresome as a daily, its a toy to play with :wink:
Not a tricky decision at all then. :floor:

:hand: Spongebob's track record (excuse the pun) at predicting a result is rather suspect :oops:

Apparently the yellow ones are also faster and liked by 🐝. If it's the Leeds OPC one the mileage is rather attractive :)
Surely a typo... or a shed find... :grin:

spooky said:

172 miles is correct it shows on one of the pics...

spooky said:

172 miles is correct it shows on one of the pics...

Shhh :nooo: :D

This is a lovely dilemma to have and I agree with most of the comments, but as someone who has gone back to naturally aspirated 991 C2S after several turbo cars (M3, M4, RS5 etc) - let me remind you that you will have to work the GT3 harder to access the performance. I love the shriek of the top end, but get to use it very rarely due to traffic and the risk of doing so being construed as antisocial behaviour ....

So for me it depends whether your daily commute gives you the chance to use what's on offer, on a daily basis? I don't - so I'd get the GTS. Such a perfect compromise that I'm thinking of not having a 992 next year and having one myself!

Mad Mark911 said:
This is a lovely dilemma to have and I agree with most of the comments, but as someone who has gone back to naturally aspirated 991 C2S after several turbo cars (M3, M4, RS5 etc) - let me remind you that you will have to work the GT3 harder to access the performance. I love the shriek of the top end, but get to use it very rarely due to traffic and the risk of doing so being construed as antisocial behaviour ....

So for me it depends whether your daily commute gives you the chance to use what's on offer, on a daily basis? I don't - so I'd get the GTS. Such a perfect compromise that I'm thinking of not having a 992 next year and having one myself!

I'm coming from an E92 M3 (engine went on the Autobahn earlier this year).

I think the GTS is likely to be the better choice in a lot of ways but I'll try the GT3 tomorrow. I have a feeling I'd be chasing the revs and not giving it enough track time to let it stretch it's legs.

My commute to my office can actually be walked... without traffic it's about 5 or so minutes. I've never walked it though. :floor:

spooky said:
Mad Mark911 said:

I think the GTS is likely to be the better choice in a lot of ways but I'll try the GT3 tomorrow. I have a feeling I'd be chasing the revs and not giving it enough track time to let it stretch it's legs.

My commute to my office can actually be walked... without traffic it's about 5 or so minutes. I've never walked it though. :floor:

Ah well you know where I'm coming from - the E92 has a great engine but needs revs and commitment to make it really perform. The GTS is a great all rounder. The GT3 truly special on the right road and with space to stretch it's legs, but for me it's a 2nd or indeed 3rd car. 9 years ago, my other half found my 997 GT3 too uncomfortable so she didn't like being a passenger and hence we stopped using it when we went out together.

Will be very interested in your thoughts on the GT3!

So actually what you need is to walk or bike daily and have the GT3 for weekend use? :thumb: My commute is 20 minutes and 6 miles - so running my C2S as a "daily" feels like enough of an indulgence .... but next stop is probably an electric car as a daily and the C2S or indeed future GTS becomes garage queen for the weekends!

Mad Mark911 said:
spooky said:
Mad Mark911 said:

Ah well you know where I'm coming from - the E92 has a great engine but needs revs and commitment to make it really perform. The GTS is a great all rounder. The GT3 truly special on the right road and with space to stretch it's legs, but for me it's a 2nd or indeed 3rd car. 9 years ago, my other half found my 997 GT3 too uncomfortable so she didn't like being a passenger and hence we stopped using it when we went out together.

Will be very interested in your thoughts on the GT3!

So actually what you need is to walk or bike daily and have the GT3 for weekend use? :thumb: My commute is 20 minutes and 6 miles - so running my C2S as a "daily" feels like enough of an indulgence .... but next stop is probably an electric car as a daily and the C2S or indeed future GTS becomes garage queen for the weekends!
It might only be a 5-minute drive but it's all uphill!! ;-)

spooky said:

A perspective on life is all a question of where you stand .... So it's downhill all the way home? :)

Love his videos.

Is yours a 2 or 4-wheel drive?

Hi Spooky,

It's a Carrera 4, I live in the middle of nowhere so it makes sense, and the rear is more akin to the new 992 (with the light sabre) but better looking IMO. P Zero winter tyres in the grotty months. A few photos for you while you're waiting for your new car :thumb:

Cheers,
Paul

Lol me thinks everyone is basing comments on a 997 GT3. 991 and of course with the PDK is a different and more usable beast :thumb:

'The 991 GT3 is a road car meant for occasional track use while the GT3 RS is a track car meant for occasional road use."

Mad Mark911 said:
spooky said:

A perspective on life is all a question of where you stand .... So it's downhill all the way home? :)
True, but if I walk to work then I'm not driving after work, which means I can have a couple of pints, which means it needs to be downhill after work!

I'm a 'glass half full' kinda guy - unfortunately it's half full of air. :eek:

Lol me thinks everyone is basing comments on a 997 GT3. 991 and of course with the PDK is a different and more usable beast :thumb:

'The 991 GT3 is a road car meant for occasional track use while the GT3 RS is a track car meant for occasional road use."
So what's the GTS then?! :?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back