Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Warning bleep every 6 seconds?

SJD

Trainee
Jumped in the car this morning and it has developed a bleep every 6 seconds through the stereo speakers.
Didn't have any time to interrogate the on board computer (flight to catch) but no warning messages on the dash.
Car hasn't had any work done recently either and all temps were healthy on the gauges.
It was a quieter sound/tone compared to the frunk open warning bleep.
The speed limit warning is off but it normally only bleeps once as you pass through your set limit.

Any ideas what it could be?

Car is a 2006 C4S, manual.

deMort said:
Off hand and not a clue .. might as well be honest !

If you have a tester then a full fault code read out of every system is in order to see if anything is logged .

Thanks for your honesty. Frustrating for the car to develop a fault and not be in a position to do anything about it - joys of working away. It's due it's annual oil change so will get it booked in and get the codes read at the same time. That'll be in a couple of weeks from now but will post if I get it figured out.

If anybody else has any ideas - please chip in.

Cheers.

You say it is through the stereo speakers. Does it stop if the stereo is turned off or muted? What do you have connected to the stereo, phone (Bluetooth), cd unit? Basically trying to see if it is the stereo or other systems.

The other quiet beep I can think of is seat belt warning, but I am not sure how that works on the 991. Heavy case on passenger seat?

Sorry, just random musings really.

Sounds like low battery warming on the tracker to me.

Hopefully the car isn't dead when you get back - they tend to go hand in hand in my experience.

Johnd52 said:
You say it is through the stereo speakers. Does it stop if the stereo is turned off or muted? What do you have connected to the stereo, phone (Bluetooth), cd unit? Basically trying to see if it is the stereo or other systems.

The other quiet beep I can think of is seat belt warning, but I am not sure how that works on the 991. Heavy case on passenger seat?

Sorry, just random musings really.

Yes, bleep stopped when stereo turned off. PCM is bog standard Bose system with CD changer in the frunk, no other bolt ons.

I had a jacket and a couple of bottles of water on the passenger seat so that's one to check when I get back in a couple of weeks.

jonno_ said:
Sounds like low battery warming on the tracker to me.

Hopefully the car isn't dead when you get back - they tend to go hand in hand in my experience.

Hope not but another contender. Thanks.

I am no stereo expert, but if the noise is linked to that I would have a look at a few things
* clear the cd changer of cd's, turn off system and restart
* turn any Bluetooth devices, e.g. phone as low power mode can sometimes trigger connect / disconnect bleeps

If you can, pull out the head unit and check connections, especially earth wires. Do the same with CD changer. (Having said that last one I am not sure if you can do that on your car.)

Let us know how you get on, although it might not occur when you get back to the car after your trip!

Do you have a sim card in the pcm ? it bleeps if you have received a message usually from your network provider check on the screen to see if there is an envelope

Gazc2 said:
Do you have a sim card in the pcm ? it bleeps if you have received a message usually from your network provider check on the screen to see if there is an envelope

No SIM card is in the PCM. Thanks for the contribution.

Johnd52 said:
I am no stereo expert, but if the noise is linked to that I would have a look at a few things
* clear the cd changer of cd's, turn off system and restart
* turn any Bluetooth devices, e.g. phone as low power mode can sometimes trigger connect / disconnect bleeps

If you can, pull out the head unit and check connections, especially earth wires. Do the same with CD changer. (Having said that last one I am not sure if you can do that on your car.)

Let us know how you get on, although it might not occur when you get back to the car after your trip!

CD changer is empty (I've never used it since buying the car over 5 years ago).
No Bluetooth capability.
I'll see what happens when I get back...

Last option - demonic possession? 😁

Check under the driver's seat , is it wet there at all ? Bose amp is there .

Actually check under both seats to be safe .

Any water bottles that might be trapped and possibly leaking .

A full fault code read out as i first mentioned is needed .. if nothing then i think i would disconnect each speaker in turn to rule them out .

PCM is reacting to something , if no third party items then its a general disconnect of each item to see what if any stops this .

i don't think things like park assist , speed limit are done through the PCM as there is a speaker in the instrument cluster for things like this .

try a 148 reset and see if it clears?

Deffo worth buying a £30 OBD code scanner.

Don't forget to post the fix :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back