Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Marky''s 996.2 GT3 thread.

Hi YK,
no time like the present an' all that. I've quite a bit to do before I'm happy with it so have to get cracking. :D

Hi Andy. That's as far as we got unfortunately as we wanted to be back for the Moto GP at 1pm. We went Kielder, Newcastleton, Carter Bar, then home.
Yep those cyclists are everywhere now. Don't get me started. I'm one myself but at the same time I can't stand a lot of them.
Lots of issues with them where I live, a small scenic village. Me and some mates from my village who ride together all say we are cyclists but can't stand cyclists. :grin:
Anyway don't get me started on a rant. :hand:

Cheers Raggy, yep it's a good one and has had all the right bits installed by the right companies. Cosmetically it just needs a little bit to get it spot on. That actually makes it sound bad. It isn't, but it does have the usual stone-chips a 16 year old 911 usually has, plus a bit of gravel rash to the side skirts etc.
No worse than any other used 911 but after my mint resprayed C2 it's not perfect.
Fine for now though and I must resist making it perfect. :D

And yep I'm a sucker for a good history file. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the one for my car.

On certain road surface, at certain temperatures and inclines, mine occasionally rattles from "somewhere at the back" and I'm fairly sure it will be similar - around those relay trays.

I quite like it. :lol:

Ha, yep Digger I'm sure it's a case of 'They all do that sir" but I'm blighted by mega sensitive hearing so anything not spot on bugs me. :D

Before I even bought another GT3 I told myself 'Remember they're noisy, so just embrace all the whirring and rattling etc".
Here I am 2 weeks in with all the interior stripped out, on my quest to get it as rattle-free as a Rolls Royce. :grin:

I need :help:

Quick picture post. Not particularly Porsche focussed either but most of us on here appreciate other makes etc.

I haven't done much at all with the car yet. It goes to my Indy 2 weeks today for a good look over and service before my road-trip.
I'll get stuck in once my Indy has done his bit.

Anyway a few mates were heading over to a local car show near us called Bella Auto.
I said I wasn't going but the weather was surprisingly nice when I woke up on Sunday and my wife (a teacher) had report writing to do anyway.
The car was filthy but we weren't parking in the show so no big deal.
So I met the lads at our usual spot, the cycling cafe near mine. So it was 981 Spyder, Huracan Performante and mine. It's this trio going on the roadtrip to Italy soon. Should be a good one.

We got to the show and despite raining all of Saturday it wasn't a total mud bath.

Loads of stuff there worthy of a pic but I don't generally take lots, so here are a few.

There's probably a couple of million worth just in these 3.
I'm not keen on the finish on those CGT wheels mind. Standard is better.

Gorgeous P1

A few more of anything that took my fancy.

Lovely 430 Scud -

Some older Lamborghini's. Looking a bit dated these days. 911s age a lot better but I admit to being completely biased.

Early Skyline -

Couple of cool old minis. I'm drawn to these as they're one of those iconic cars I've somehow never owned.

Like I say there was loads of stuff there but I wasn't gonna photograph it all. :wink:
Decent couple of hours catching up with a few old faces.
We then took the scenic route back to mine for a quick brew.

The Huracan got pulled for no front plate.

Bit of a funny one though as the PC pulled our mate over for no front plate but then said 'A front plate would ruin the look of such a nice car so I'm not going to be a tw*t and book you". So we think he just wanted a nosey really. Fair play.

Back at base camp.

I love this thing. Has to be the noisiest road car available in standard trim.

Anyway, as I've said I'm doing bits and bobs to mine, not least trying to stop the brakes squealing like a pig during light use, but I'll cover things properly once I get stuck in. It's nice not spending the summer crawling around the garage floor to be honest. :grin:

So like I say, a pointless picture post but we all like a picture or two eh. :D
Cheers. :thumb:

He is one! Look back at the most recent set of pics! Tut tut!

Awesome work, Marky, in awe of the anti-rattle works! :thumb:

Great pics Marky. Nice to have some up to date stories on these pages :thumb:

I remember seeing that white RS at the gorebridge show a few years ago and insulted him by asking if it was genuine :dont know: he was spot on about it and cracking car. The lambos at full chat sound epic makes My turbo feel inadequate :sad: really must get the exhaust that has been lying in the garage for three years fitted :frustrated:

Hi YK, yep that old Merc Evo was a cool old car.
Have another -

Hi Marty, thanks and yep we've sorted most of the rattles now. Very faint one from the passenger side dash speaker area still to sort but not bad.

Hi Freddie, ditto regards to your thread. The more experiences to read about and pictures to look at, the better.
Slower forum the GT one but it's that numbers game I suppose. Less cars = less threads.

Thanks Graham and yep the Huracan is awesome. He has a yellow 458 too which would be more comfortable for the road trip but he's itching to take the Huracan as he's just got it.
We can't wait to hit the road.

Hi Gary, yep we've always said it must suck to own a real 2.7RS or Cobra etc, as you'll forever be getting asked if it's a replica. :grin:
A nicer problem to have though I suppose.

3 years to get an exhaust on?! Doesn't sound like you. I'd be too impatient to hear what it sounded like.
Mine sounds nice on my GT3 but ironically with all the fuss over the hallowed Mezger, my C2 actually had a nicer scream due to the K&N cone filter. The GT3 has its factory airbox on.
Those in the know such as Wayne Schofield, say standard is best as far as Porsche induction goes, but I'm gonna have to revert to my old Max Power days I think and add a cone filter. I'm really not bothered about a possible small BHP loss when they sound so good.
Again though. Indy inspection and service first before buying trinkets.

Anyway thanks lads. I'll hopefully get stuck into the car a bit next month. :thumb:

stuck my head under and and had a look at the nuts on the Turbo`s one day :eek: and never been back under since :D

Attachments

• 20170402_173613_121.jpg
    20170402_173613_121.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 3,677
Put some straight pipes on from CAT Back if your not fussed by a loss in power (low down torque) and want noise.

That would ***** all over any induction noise :lol:

I can finally post again after trying every bloody username/password I could imagine I may have used when I originally registered years ago!

Anyway, it was worth the effort Mark, as I can now tell you that I enjoyed reading about your journey, and look forward to updates. ':thumbs:'

Really must get my finger out with a similar thread on my 7.1 which I picked up in December..

Gazc2 said:
stuck my head under and and had a look at the nuts on the Turbo`s one day :eek: and never been back under since :D

:grin:
I can't argue with that. Looks a nice bit of kit mind. 8)

Hi Kingston, that's too loud for me that. :eek:
Plus I have the full Cargraphic system on mine including cats and manifolds, so quite content on the exhaust side of things. That's the joy with induction kits. Small throttle inputs and noise is like standard. Rev it though and it screams.
I'm not doing anything yet though. :thumb:

Hi Dr No, thanks for the comments. I'm the same with passwords. :grin:

Yes get a thread up about your car. They are good to bounce ideas off people on here and things. Best thing is though it's just a good log to keep on your car.
When you look back later you realise how much you've done and see all the little jobs and changes you've carried out to make it your own and improve it.
Plus everyone likes a picture whether it's a project, road trip or track day pic.
Cheers. :thumb:

I have to add, that's some lurking DrNo! 8 years from joining to posting.
Hopefully you'll be a bit more regular now you've remembered your password. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back