Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coolant hoses

deMort said:
Coolant tank or cap not tightened / cross threaded i would say in that area .

The pipes the OP did on this thread are at the front of the car .

Cap was very tight and there were no signs of leakage around the top!

watching this with interest, Graham; did you need to bleed the system after you refilled?

brownspeed said:
watching this with interest, Graham; did you need to bleed the system after you refilled?

I just filled the reservoir with coolant before starting the car, then sat with it revving at 3000rpm (wedged the throttle with a spanner) I kept topping it up. Only took 7litres of coolant (mixed) to re-fill the system and it hasn't dropped since. Also kept checking the hoses that I fitted, not just for leaks but to make sure they were warming up so I knew the coolant was circulating.

And that's how we do it at work ..although a mechanic rather than a spanner :D

i would check the following day to see if when cooled down it needed a bit more but normally it doesn't .

Job done .. move on .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back