Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sold 997.2 c2 thinking gts

Cars at around 20k miles were trading at the 60-70k bracket about a year and a half ago, similar examples today have asking prices between 50-60k. There are of course some that deviate from this either due to mileage or trader, but generally speaking the prices have come down a fair bit.

I think the GTS works as an emotional purchase, as you know you're getting a car with most if not all of the toys, a bit more power and rarity, generally a mature package. When one starts focusing on whether they are worth 20k more then it becomes a tricky issue. Maybe my initial post came across as if I had huge regret for getting the GTS which is not the case, but if I was buying again today I would seriously consider something else.

Personally I would look at getting a lower miles 4s and then spend an amount of money personalising it a bit more! A small amount of leather retrimming - seats, centre consol, pdk surround, steering wheel to spruce up the interior, maybe some lowering springs and you have a much better proposition that twill feel special imo!

icekay said:
Cars at around 20k miles were trading at the 60-70k bracket about a year and a half ago, similar examples today have asking prices between 50-60k.

That is not what I've been seeing.

Even a quick search on pistonheads shows that this is not the case. IMO prices haven't budged too much, if at all, since the end of last year and are still holding mid 60-70k's.

That's without even looking at the options they have, whether they are cabs and all bar one are all arguably boring grey :p

The only aside is a CAT D car.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...ions=PriceLowToHigh&YearFrom=2010&YearTo=2011

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back