Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Special 996 wanted!

996john

Hi All,

Looking to buy another 996. I want something a bit special.

Budget is up to £35k.

Car has to be a coupe and a manual but apart from that I'm flexible.

By special I mean a nice spec or perhaps a PTS colour? Just something nice.

Please let me know if you have something that you are considering selling.

Thanks,

John

Nice position to be in.
With that budget you should be able to buy the best non mezger engined 996 on the planet. :thumb:

This should be interesting. Certainly a very healthy budget. Why a 996 specifically? That sort of budget can get you in to many cars.

MC

Robertb said:
Were it me I would buy a nice Carrera or 4S or whatever you fancy, get it painted whatever colour you want and the engine fully rebuilt, maybe to 3.9 spec.

:thumb:
You might need to bump up the budget a bit though.

MC

MisterCorn said:
Robertb said:
Were it me I would buy a nice Carrera or 4S or whatever you fancy, get it painted whatever colour you want and the engine fully rebuilt, maybe to 3.9 spec.

MC

Yes I can imagine Mission Creep setting in! :food:

Robertb said:
MisterCorn said:
Robertb said:

MC

Yes I can imagine Mission Creep setting in! :food:

I have no idea what you are talking about :floor:

It really depends on what you want from the car, but it isn't hard to spend £10k on suspension and £20k on engine and gearbox, that is before you start worrying about a repaint and bodywork.

MC

Much as the 996 Turbo doesn't float my boat, if £35k was my budget, it would have to be that. Or borrow £5k ish and get a 987 Spyder. Cracking cars.

Putting that much into a normal 996 is financial suicide but if it's a keeper and you aren't bothered then go for it. :thumb:

I'd spend £15k on a nice early C2 and spend the other £20k on something else.

MC

Obviously I'm totally impartial on this but........40th AE surely must be worth considering? Manual, coupe, limited numbers (123 in the UK, 1963 worldwide), GT silver (Ok, it's still silver so maybe not that unique) X51 engine, M030, LSD, Turbo rads and cooling etc and change from £35K for sure. Not sure what's on the market just now but been a couple up recently.

Registry with cars for sale as they come up
https://www.facebook.com/40jahre911/

Cheers....Ian

996john said:
Hi All,

Looking to buy another 996. I want something a bit special.

Budget is up to £35k.

Car has to be a coupe and a manual but apart from that I'm flexible.

By special I mean a nice spec or perhaps a PTS colour? Just something nice.

Please let me know if you have something that you are considering selling.

Thanks,

John

Hi John, I'm considering selling my 996, it's a Carrera 4 manual in speed yellow with Factory Aero Kit and with 67,000 miles. It's a mint stunning carwith a very good spec and I love it but I have a big building project so it may need to go. PM me if you are interested.

MisterCorn said:
I'd spend £15k on a nice early C2 and spend the other £20k on something else.

MC

...such as 6 gearboxes and a couple of engines...and a C4... :thumb:

Thanks for all the replies!

Reason for a 996 is just because i like them :? I dont really know why! I've had a fair few and a 997 or two but always come back to the 996's. I know they arent the most popular model in general but i think that one day their time will come.......

That Black car is very nice but its not the one for me.

I was looking at a Yellow 4S recently advertised but it seems to have sold today :sad: It was said to have factory GT3 seats and a lot of other nice bits too.

Cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back