Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A sad sad day and a very fond farewell...

Lig

Just thought I would post to say farewell as I have just sold my 993...

It has been a great 6 years but I just wasn't using it enough and whenever me and the missis went away, we would always take our bikes and so traveled in my 15 yr old BMW 535d... So I decided to sell both and buy an RS6...

The really nice thing is that I managed to get hold of an RS6 in Porsche Riviera Blue (always loved that colour)... Makes me feel a bit warm inside knowing it is somehow associated with Porsche!

I really will miss the 993, but having now got the RS, there is no looking back.

Thanks for all your answers and support over the years, the 993 experience wouldn't have been the same without all the knowledge and tips obtained from you guys!!

Cheers,
Lig.

1030356231_o.jpg

Good to read you got a sale Lig, onwards and upwards... RS6 is a mega quick practical machine. :thumb:

RS6 pics please...?

C.

All the best chum :thumb:

Cheers Zingari and C.....

Yeah really sad but time to move on....

Here is the new beast....

Cheers
Lig.

1030356302_o.jpg

1030415202_o.jpg

Nice... Colour looks great with the black optic pack. :thumb:

C.

Thanks Chaps...

Wishing you all the very best...

Lig....

Great fun, I presume they still don;t come with a spare wheel or runflats, I hope you avoid the 'punctures that the wheels seem prone to :wink:

Looks the business, complete opposite of 993 but just so capable in all aspects.

Lig said:

Cheers
Lig.

1030356302_o.jpg

1030415202_o.jpg
Stunning looking machine in that colour.
All the best :thumb:

Thanks again guys....

Jonttt - Yeah you are right just the can of glue and inflator... I did take out tyre Insurance as the 21" Michelin PSS's are not cheap!

Wishing you all the very best...

Cheers,
Lig.

Nice purchase Chris, you'll miss the 993 but there's plenty more cars to own.

RobIpswichUK said:
Nice purchase Chris, you'll miss the 993 but there's plenty more cars to own.

That's the spirit. I don't understand people who only ever have one make or model of car. Enjoy them all.

MC

Scholester said:
Lig said:

Cheers
Lig.

1030356302_o.jpg

1030415202_o.jpg
Stunning looking machine in that colour.
All the best :thumb:

Agreed, that looks absolutely incredible.

Must be almost the polar opposite of the 993... Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers again guys....

Yep it really is chalk and cheese - I like that as there is no thought comparison!!

I did go for a spin yesterday 'to get some petrol'.. as I tell the wife...

And its just sooooo different. A totally different kind of fun.

I used to love going for a blast in the 993, the noise, smell, road feel etc (what we all love about them), but I just don't think I will do it in the RS as its just too refined and you hit a ton in a blink of an eye. Its a different kind of smile...

IF I still had the time (and space) then there is no question that I would have kept the 993 and my BMW, but just to have one car that does it all is satisfying.

Cheers again,
Lig.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back