Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil level gauge

Brucey1

Silverstone
My oil level was always at the max level since I bought my car six months ago . Since I got it serviced last week I noticed that it's dropped 3 segments on the display . Would the opc not fill the car to the max level or is there a reason that haven't topped the car up to the max ?
It's not a major issue , I just like it to be sitting at the max level , especially before I start my 3000 mile trip in a few weeks 😀

You should ask them. Mine has been full, one bar down and even over filled.

Try it a few times/places as I didn't find my 996 very consistent.

Check your dipstick, the gauge isn't accurate.

I will give the dip stick a check , I looked up the oil they used Mobil 1 5w 40 , it's £17 a litre . Will have to buy a litre probably have to top it up on the way to south of France 🇫🇷

Didn't they supply one? Mine always did. Not free, of course, but a new one every service.

No , they didn't supply one maybe it doesn't come with the classic service.

It shouldn't be 3 segments down after a service , common to be 1 below the max bar though .

Each segment is approx 0.2 of a ltr .

Surprised they used 5/40 as it always used to be 0/40 regardless.

Most OPC,s stopped giving the top up due to cost and the fact some customers never used it and ended up with 4 - 5 top ups in the car .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back