Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Not reving past 4500 when engine up to temperature

Alternator is permanent live as its high current, the diode packs will smoke when failed, I agree its quite eerie to have this happen, without a key in the ignition, the red light comes on in the dash and smoke comes out the alternator.

Alternator lead runs direct to the battery .. its not fused .

water / incorrect jump start can cause this .. with reverse polarity jump start being the MAIN cause .

Attachments

• 902_05_111.gif
    902_05_111.gif
    104.4 KB · Views: 4,995
deMort said:
Its the MAF sensor .
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I just experienced a similar issue last evening. Long highway drive. Some back roads and all god. Then noticed a tiny stumble, followed by inability to rev past 4500 with major stumbling. Ran fine up to 4500 rpm and took me the hour drive to home without incident. No CEL. Durametric shows P0342 and P0335 codes. Is it likely this is still the MAF? And codes showing based on MAF issues?

Update: next day, car started down and drove 100% normal. Revs cleanly through the range? This time only a short 15 min run though. Both days dry conditions.

Cleared codes, ran it up again last evening in garage until it came up to temp. No misfires, no codes. FYI, new plugs and coil packs installed last year.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back