Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Horn honking when you brake?

Albionmuz

Barcelona
I have had this incredibly embarrassing thing happen to me a number of times. Brake to let oncoming traffic through whilst hooting at them for having the temerity to make a 993 wait (that's what it must sound like!).

It's a common fault apparently and means the airbag retaining bracket rubbers have deteriorated.

Had this happen recently three times on country roads through Kent villages and eventually stopped and pulled the relay. Apparently a credit card wedged in the gap at the top of the steering wheel would have worked I found out afterwards.

Anyway getting this fixed next week.

Anyone else had this happen to them?

Very common on 944s caused by weak horn springs

My horn sounded every time I changed gear after I mismatched the tip shifters and the horn earth...

:lol:

Yes I have the same issue but it happens when turning left usually...ordered a new frame with rubbers from Type911.

Trev

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back