Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tracing leak in 993 windscreen washer system

Tombri

Nurburgring
Whilst at Center Gravity I noticed that my windscreen washer fluid was leaking.
With the front left wheel arch liner removed there was a small hole (looked like it was made by a drill piece from above) through which the fluid was dripping.
It does not empty the tank but many litres comes out if the tank is filled.
How easy is it to get to the pipe from the filler cap to the bottle?
Any ideas most welcome. :dont know:

No Trev, it was not full and there must have been a litre that came out.
I suspect the pipe from the filler to the tank is leaking somewhere but I don't know how to get to it as it is in the most inaccessible place.

Even when it stops leaking there is still enough fluid in the system to work - and work without any delay when you pull the stalk, so not sure quite what is happening... :?:

Yes the filler pipe is right up in the top of wing so very difficult to access, it's unlikely to be an issue with that as you said the tank was part full.

Take your headlight out and check that water isn't escaping at the pump/s, they have rubber seals that get full of crap,

Trev

Thanks Trev - good idea.
There is just this mysterious hole in the wheel arch liner, through which the fluid leaks and I just wonder if a pipe has been nicked by a drill piece.
But I will do as you say - thank you. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back