Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sold my 997 - my thoughts on the 911

Mike, remember mate this forum is for Porsche enthusiasts and not just for current owners, and you have been an active member on here since you joined, so do hang around and continue to contribute until the time is right to go air-cooled .

It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the AMG 63 its a car many of us have considered ,I drove one and its stupid fast , hugely thirsty although doing 3k miles a year you won't worry about fuel cost. but I didn't feel the character of the car like you do with a Porsche or even an Aston ,but it was a brutal monster of a car and as such did make me grin . As you say you only keep them a year which TBH is very much the same as my other car , thats the one I change often and tick boxes etc.
:thumb:

A lot of road trouble can be beaten by late night or early morn runs. See a lot of speed traps in Dorset thorough.

Interesting thoughts COB!

Good to hear you've enjoyed the ownership experience, albeit soured by the roads where you live.

One of the things I love about living in the north east is how empty our glorious roads are. Whenever I drive down south to see friends I wonder why they bother having a Porsche at all...

Anyway, hope you stick around fella :thumb:

Awww, you guys! Some heart warming posts, thank you. It's only a matter of time before I'm back in a Porsche, so I will continue to chip in on this forum, don't worry. I shall also post up what I think of the C63 monster once I get a few more V8 miles under my belt.
Regards to all, Mike.

Seen a few of these around this weekend. Good weekend for getting to know a new car.

ragpicker said:
Interesting thoughts COB!

Good to hear you've enjoyed the ownership experience, albeit soured by the roads where you live.

One of the things I love about living in the north east is how empty our glorious roads are. Whenever I drive down south to see friends I wonder why they bother having a Porsche at all...

Anyway, hope you stick around fella :thumb:

Isn't there an autoban near you, I hear...??

:bandit:

Osh

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back