Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Bluetooth options

lex524

Hi all

I have just bought my first porsche - a 2005 997 c2s (all checked for scoring!) :)

It's just in a garage having some work done, but one thing I do want to do early is put in some form of Bluetooth connectivity, I use my phone a lot for music and sat nav.

What have people done? Seen a lot about head unit replacement or expensive Denison type options. Likely to go this route in longer term but also looking for something quick and cheaper to start with. Seen bluetooth fm devices, any of these work passably (and look OK, many are huge things, I'd prefer stealth!)

For those who have done the full replace, does the connects2 lead mean it's a plug and play swap, or not that easy?

Car has bose and CD changer

Thanks all, future questions likely :)

Alex

Bite the bullet and replace the PCM, it's not just the connectivity that's pants, everything about it is!

I had mine professionally installed but it did need an adapter between the head unit and the bose amp.

p1280360.jpg

Cannop said:
Bite the bullet and replace the PCM, it's not just the connectivity that's pants, everything about it is!

I had mine professionally installed but it did need an adapter between the head unit and the bose amp.

Where did you get it done? If you don't mind my asking, how much was it?

Looks good by the way!

If you are looking for a cheaper option I had this installed in mine https://ebay.us/3qDSnS

It works well especially for the price, my only criticism would be you need to remember to turn the volume of your phone up to the maximum setting each time you get in the car otherwise, you get a whining noise coming through the speakers.

lex524 said:
Where did you get it done? If you don't mind my asking, how much was it?

Looks good by the way!

Thanks, I had it done at

https://www.johnkleisaudio.co.uk/

The unit itself was £1200 so with the dash cam, bose adapter, sundries and installation it came to quite a chunk of money but it's honestly transformed my use of the car.

apollokre1d said:
If you are looking for a cheaper option I had this installed in mine https://ebay.us/3qDSnS

It works well especially for the price, my only criticism would be you need to remember to turn the volume of your phone up to the maximum setting each time you get in the car otherwise, you get a whining noise coming through the speakers.

Did it cost a lot to install? A lot cheaper than the dension solution....

Much cheaper than Dension yes... 9e did it for me while they were updating my suspension so I can't remember the exact price, but I think it would not take more than an hr if done by someone who knows what they were doing :)

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back