Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suspension geometry and setup - DIY?

Sorry for the old thread reserction but have been trying to get my set up right after replacing my inner track rods so I can test what else if anything needs replacing on the suspension before I shell out for a full geo.

Having read through this thread it seems a lot more accurate than my simple axle stand and string method as I don't know if the rears are toed in or not. I also then set it up using a Gunson trakrite too but the steering wheel is a few degrees off despite getting in spec readings on the tool.

So my question is how did you ensure the poles were square and set up correctly to make the measurements to start with? I assume you measure and match the centre of the pole off a centre point on the car, if so were there specific points? Also was the cord then the same length to ensure it was all square or is there more too it than this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Worked things through myself with a bit of Google research. Got some heavy duty 25 mm off conduit and some of the shock leader plus my axle stands and got to work. Measure the back to be the same exactly from the centre of the rear wheels and the same from the front wheels to get a perfect rectangle round the car. Then measured up and put them all in the website and now I have a straight tracking car. I couldn't for the life of me get the rear camber or toe adjustment bolts undone so that's a job for another day.

I've attached a screen shot of my results so far. Front is within spec rear needs a small tweak on the nearside I think unless anyone can advise otherwise? Thanks

Attachments

• screenshot_20190601_174245_134.png
    screenshot_20190601_174245_134.png
    259.3 KB · Views: 2,644

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back