Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seat options

cableguy said:
Second hand Leather PP's usually sell for £1000 to £1500 :thumb:

C.
Like I said, happy to talk Offers.. ;)

Tobesetc said:
Does anyone know more accurately than "a lot" how much weight is saved when moving from original sports seats to something like Recaro pp's?

My old seats were 30kg each!!

My current seats, on runners weigh the same as a iphone.
:eek:

Careful with the SPGs if you are posteriorly enhanced you may never get out. They do a wide version which should give a bit more breathing room.
They have higher sides than the Pole Posotion, all the cushions and covers are interchangeable. I have a pair in the 944, great on track but a bit of a pain getting out, she hates them. I paid £450 for a pair about 3 yrs ago.

kingroon said:
I can heartily recommend the Recaro PP, have had a set in my 993 pretty much from Day One.. Did a 2500+ Mile RoadTrip in them last Summer..

Can I ask what made you decide to take the Pole Positions out?? What have you decided to go with instead??

Jodes said:
Can I ask what made you decide to take the Pole Positions out?? What have you decided to go with instead??
They're still in there..

I have a spare set is all..

911livin said:
Tobesetc said:
Does anyone know more accurately than "a lot" how much weight is saved when moving from original sports seats to something like Recaro pp's?

My old seats were 30kg each!!

My current seats, on runners weigh the same as a iphone.
:eek:

std seats 50-68lbs depending on power/heat inc rails
PP 15lbs less rails and side supports.
Alternative to PPs are the dimensionally equal Hans Hahn RS replicas with same ribbed back which PPs do not have. Considerably cheaper than PPs made to order in any colour.

Attachments

• hahn_seats_218.jpg
    hahn_seats_218.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 2,637
Tobesetc said:
Considerably cheaper than PPs made to order in any colour.

No they're not. Hans are approx. £3k a set depending on spec and don't come with Recaro's proven standards and quality.

C.

cableguy said:
Tobesetc said:
Considerably cheaper than PPs made to order in any colour.

No they're not. Hans are approx. £3k a set depending on spec and don't come with Recaro's proven standards and quality.

C.

TobesEtc did not write that ;-)

Should have said considerably cheaper than RS seats. PP ABEs in leather will cost about the same as Hans Hahn when you factor in mounts, sliders and are not FIA approved (the velour ones are). As far as I'm aware they are only available in black cases with cushions of a limited range. The Hahn seats were cheaper when I bought mine several years ago and the quality is first class although the sliders were rubbish and I replaced them with Recaro ones. Biggest problems with all these is the fixed back which restricts rear seat access. The velour cushions do not wear well especially if you wear jeans. Nothing wrong with PPs at all and I wish I had them in the 944 'cos the SPGs are getting more and more difficult to get out of.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back