Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which 911 is the best looking ?

MaxA said:
I'm going to have to dig up some picturres from last years trackdays, but the best looking 911 is the 996 GT3 from the side or rear, with that funky folded over wing and body kit, especially if set up for the track with lots of camber and slightly tatty looking. It needs to look driven.

I don't know why, usually I'd say you need a wide body without a wing.

:mrgreen: 996 :mrgreen: Nooooo

jonttt said:
spongebob squarepants said:
Kryton said:
My old banger-gone but not forgotten

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Only thing better would be if it was in racing :grin: Best sounding 911 ever? Probably :thumb: best looking? yep in a non pretty, macho way :grin:

Modern 911's are boys, modern GT ones are the hard kids, and the air cooled 911, are girls simples.

:hand: stock a 911R is the best sounding Porsche ever, closely followed by a 981 GTS :grin:

lol you need to get out more or watch this.... 991 GT3, now widely recognized as Porsches best ever car...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VM5VrgsUcw

997.2 turbo of course. In one of the darker colours- all the other turbos were owned by 1980s bankers - you decide on the spelling of Bankers.

Attachments

• 115dbf214d077f2ced6af55a20801b854264d3a9_529.jpg
    115dbf214d077f2ced6af55a20801b854264d3a9_529.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 1,964
kozzi said:
997.2 turbo of course. In one of the darker colours- all the other turbos were owned by 1980s bankers - you decide on the spelling of Bankers.

:lol: :agree:

jonttt said:
Kryton said:

Only thing better would be if it was in racing :grin: Best sounding 911 ever? Probably :thumb: best looking? yep in a non pretty, macho way :grin:

Modern 911's are boys, modern GT ones are the hard kids, and the air cooled 911, are girls simples.

:hand: stock a 911R is the best sounding Porsche ever, closely followed by a 981 GTS :grin:

lol you need to get out more or watch this.... 991 GT3, now widely recognized as Porsches best ever car...

The 991 GT3 does look good granted, but not for me for road use :hand:

WB N/A 993 looks better though :grin:

jonttt said:
jonttt said:
Kryton said:

But that's the whole point with the 991 GT3, compared to all previous GT3's it is suitable for normal road use :dont know:

That GT3 video has just moved the bar on what I aspire to, want one :worship:

jonttt said:
jonttt said:
Kryton said:

But that's the whole point with the 991 GT3, compared to all previous GT3's it is suitable for normal road use :dont know:

Have you driven one on the road :?:

My mate had one for 6 months, 2 months of that was trying to sell it, he ended up chopping it in for a 991 turbo S, he loves his Porsche's but had come from an RS4 and much preferred that on road. At the end of the day its a track car which can be used on road and that will always be a compromise

77szymon said:
1. 964 RS - edit
2. 996 GT2

When I read "996 is ugly" please take a look on turbo line-up only one car looks like cheap Chinese/Korean reproduction/copy...... I can only take 996 is ugly from 964/993 owners :mrgreen:

So what your saying is the best way to see a 996 is to hide 99% of it with a 997. I can agree with that. :floor:

kozzi said:

Cannot argue with that !!!
:worship: :thumbs: :thumbs: 8)

jonttt said:
Kryton said:

Nice car ... great lines ... but I would forever worry about the early tendency to Spontaneously Self Combust ....!!

There has to be a nagging doubt at the back of the mind , even with a Fire Extinguisher onboard !!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back