Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Paint refresh recommendation needed (East London/Essex/Kent)

icekay

Trainee
Hi all,

Since the purchase last January I have been cleaning the car myself, always following a strict 2 bucket routine. I have maintained the clear coat with regular claying, micro cutting and of course a good quality wax.
My car is a cabriolet so lots of extra care has gone into keeping the roof fresh as well.

Around 22,000 miles later however, and with no garage or driveway, the car has inevitably collected a number of things I don't feel I have the right level of skill to fix; mainly stone chips, a light scrape from someone who definitely touch-parked, and a small dent in the rear wing.

I'm looking for recommendations to get these issues sorted alongside a professional paint detailing routine, so not just a detail as in this case there are small body things to fix like the aforementioned dent. I'm based in East London so preferably not too far (Essex/Kent would be perfect), but will consider slightly further trips if necessary.
I should add that I'm not extremely wealthy, have heard of a few places in London that I could trust but their figures go into the 5 figures!

KDS Keltec in Chatham are very highly regarded in the detailing world. Not the cheapest but I've been to them a couple of times and been very impressed.

Cheers both, will make some enquiries! :thumbs:

Might be a good idea to get the chips and dents sorted then work on bringing the rest of the car up to scratch. That way it will be lighter on the pocket to split the work.

I can highly recommend Grant from Chigwell cosmetics who has repaired and repainted several of my friends cars. He is mobile but does a great job for dent repair, paint, wheels etc.

07944 144611 - Grant

Jungle

Jungle650 said:
Might be a good idea to get the chips and dents sorted then work on bringing the rest of the car up to scratch. That way it will be lighter on the pocket to split the work.

I can highly recommend Grant from Chigwell cosmetics who has repaired and repainted several of my friends cars. He is mobile but does a great job for dent repair, paint, wheels etc.

07944 144611 - Grant

Jungle

Grant is a mate of mine. As of last year , a 911 owner too :thumbs: he bought my old 997 C4s. He has been along to a few meets with me.

He will be chuffed to hear he is getting recommendations here

askgeez said:
Jungle650 said:

07944 144611 - Grant

Jungle

Grant is a mate of mine. As of last year , a 911 owner too :thumbs: he bought my old 997 C4s. He has been along to a few meets with me.

He will be chuffed to hear he is getting recommendations here

What a small world @askgeez. Yep top bloke, have recommended him lots of times and will need him shortly myself. Last work he did was on my friends BMW 5 series touring and his Ford Focus in Brentwood.. Both black cars.

Look forward to meeting you both at a future Porsche event 👍

Jungle

Cheers @Jungle650 for the extra recommendation!

I paid KDS a visit today and their work is very impressive indeed. I particularly appreciated the practical advice that took into consideration that I do loads of miles and park the car outside, and the help in weighing the things that are perhaps not worth spending the extra money on.

They can sort out the dents for a very reasonable 5% of the overall quote, and very much sold me onto the idea of getting it coated - something I'd considered but not actually gone into the detail of pros/cons etc.

The car should go in after the summer so I'll be sure to resurrect this thread with some pics later on!

icekay said:
Cheers @Jungle650 for the extra recommendation!

I paid KDS a visit today and their work is very impressive indeed. I particularly appreciated the practical advice that took into consideration that I do loads of miles and park the car outside, and the help in weighing the things that are perhaps not worth spending the extra money on.

They can sort out the dents for a very reasonable 5% of the overall quote, and very much sold me onto the idea of getting it coated - something I'd considered but not actually gone into the detail of pros/cons etc.

The car should go in after the summer so I'll be sure to resurrect this thread with some pics later on!

No probs @icekay. Make sure you take plenty of before and after photos and pls keep us all updated on your progress.

All the best
Jungle

Four months on and the car finally went in, unsurprisingly the result is incredible! I'll need to look through pictures that show the "before" and have to process a few of the "after", but have added a few.

Overall the car went through detailing/polishing, rear bumper respray, Gtechniq coating + serum, 2 coats of Exo. Also had the wheels resprayed satin platinum (OB5) and removed the GTS decals and badge - though the badge may be temporary as I do find it weird de-badged!

I'll also need to take the time to properly review KDS, Jay/Kelly and the team were super helpful and did a great job - definitely recommend!

Attachments

• 25e4a91e_a89e_44f2_9d7b_69f02a70305e_134.jpeg
    25e4a91e_a89e_44f2_9d7b_69f02a70305e_134.jpeg
    228.1 KB · Views: 7,984
  • 72b27b94_4e6b_49d6_a7a6_4f25a58f9e76_394.jpeg
    72b27b94_4e6b_49d6_a7a6_4f25a58f9e76_394.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 7,984
  • 78ee0278_cdb6_43d4_8bb3_49f57aa913a2_695.jpeg
    78ee0278_cdb6_43d4_8bb3_49f57aa913a2_695.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 7,984
Just under 3k all in, more or less half for the bumper / wheel respray and fixing a couple of small dents etc. (i.e. pre-detailing / ceramic coating).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brahms2104
Back