Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Putting it on jackstands

Kbald

Monza
Hi all. During my failed attempt at replacing the inner track rod ends I put it up on jackstands using the factory jacking points. This was a fath as I jacked it from the suggested reinforced point as suggested in 101 projects book.

This meant jack onesies to get it high enough for my really big jack on the otherside taking the wheel off with it dangling in the air to give room to get it under enough the getting it high enough for the stand to go under then repeating on the otherside. When I came to lower the car I couldn't get a wheel on and my jack in so took a third jack to eventually get it down again.

My question after all that is would it be safe to use the axle stands on the reinforced part if you used hockey pucks? Or is there a risk this part won't be strong enough and has anyone tried it? I've included the picture so you know which part I'm talking about.

Attachments

• pic01_534.jpg
    pic01_534.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 1,646
Either support the car on jack stands on the jacking point or the subframe - that's what I normally do.

Thanks Alex. Is there a specific point on the front subframe you use at all? Use the subframe OK at the back but the front with all the plastic covers it's its a more tricky to see where to put the axle stands.

I hate putting my car up on jack stands due to the rocking back and forth thing. Why I finally ended up with QuickJacks. Before these one technique I used was to jack from the rear jackpoint and put stands under front jackpoint location and rear under the large crossmember knuckle (where control arm attaches). Stable and less back and forth.

Where the bolts for the arbs are.

Thanks will take a look under and see if I can spot the right spot.

Either there or where the coffin arm bolts through the frame.

Yellow arrows or just to the left where the coffin arm is:

pic07.jpg

Had a look tonight and can see the points but need to get the undertray off first so stumped myself with that one as don't want to get under until it's got the stands under.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back