Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Setting correct date in PCM 2.0

Jam911 said:
Watching from the 997 area...

I think its a rare fault atm due to the fact i've had god knows how many batterys disconnected from these cars over the years .. but at the end of the day we are into software faults .. these are always a pain at the best of times .

Perhaps its becoming more common :dont know: its still a date malfunction though . not really a big deal but i do understand the OCD aspect .. i just dont like throwing money at said problems .

Is there a way of rebooting the PCM to make it 'find' new satellites, or maybe change the location of the car to somewhere else and back again to force it to look for satellites? It might then pull in the proper data.

With my old A8 there was a combination of buttons to press to reboot the MMI.

I wonder if it something to do with the recent satellite WNRO ( GPS week number roll over) at the beginning of the month :?:

I noticed that my TomTom had stopped displaying the GPS actual speed and there was no way to get it back, it was just a blank space on the screen, then a few days later received an email from TomTom explaining about the WNRO and I needed to update my device, lo and behold, the update reinstated the GPS actual speed display :grin:

I must check and see if this has affected my PCM 2.1 in the Boxster, not that I`d notice as I never use the Nav as it`s rubbish :sad:

Call up Precision Porsche! They just fixed this on mine! There MAY be a tech on this very thread that can help you in fact ;)

chatuge said:
Call up Precision Porsche! They just fixed this on mine! There MAY be a tech on this very thread that can help you in fact ;)

Lol .. bless you young man !

We are not really sure to be honest how this has worked .. we have been in touch with our tech support .. they seem to think leaving the car outside with ign on but not moving or running will sort it after 20 mins .

I have my doubts there and it's not what i did .

i struggle to see what difference a car stationary or moving will make ... it sees the satellites regardless .

Almanac is what they said .. :dont know:

What we did .. the car inside so it can't see any satellites ..

Using a tester i coded the correct date .. that was fine but if i took the car outside and locked / unlocked the car it reset to 2000 year .

If you remember we tried this outside and it wouldn't reset the date , that's because it could see the satellites and over rid what i was trying to do . .

i reset it and got the customer .. the kind gent above to not lock the car but put it in his garage unlocked .. it will shut down .. similar to locking it but not the same as alarming it ( locking with the fob ) .

i feel that either overnight or a few days and it finally accepted the correct date as we can lock unlock it outside with no problem now .

Basically its a faf but worked in the end .

Your patience in this is appreciated .. software faults are a pain on a good day .. and this wasn't .. you only wanted a starter motor changed after all !

EDIT ..

Just to add .. i looked at the same car as yours with version 3 software and not version 1 that you have .. the date has now been deleted from this ..

my feeling is something has changed so they now delete the date as they cant fix this fault .

A software update on your car will just delete the date imho .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back