Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cup Holder

6appeal

Anyone had any feedback from dealer?

Did anyone actually receive the original cupholder, or purely the open square box?

6appeal said:
Anyone had any feedback from dealer?

Did anyone actually receive the original cupholder, or purely the open square box?

I just received the square box but have found it accommodates all drink types. I don't think it was to do with people accidentally doing emergency stops by hitting the Parking brake, but likely eliminated because if it was in place, you'd not actually be able to use the emergency brake in a panic situation.

Mattrs said:
I don't think it was to do with people accidentally doing emergency stops by hitting the Parking brake, but likely eliminated because if it was in place, you'd not actually be able to use the emergency brake in a panic situation.
If this is indeed the reason, wonder why Porsche didn't discover it sooner during all the millions of kilometres development testing. :?:
Strange indeed, and would appear to be a genuine slip-up by the engineers.

I did ask Porsche GB the why

"the cupholders were switched out due to the potential of inadvertently pressing the parking brake button."

but there is no replacement or solution, your bigger bottle and cups would seem to be the only answer

unless there is a software update that means the parking brake can only be activated when the car is stationary i.e. at 0.00 mph :?:

so it removes this risk when the car is moving, so then can release the cup holders !!

911UK said:
I did ask Porsche GB the why

"the cupholders were switched out due to the potential of inadvertently pressing the parking brake button."

but there is no replacement or solution, your bigger bottle and cups would seem to be the only answer

unless there is a software update that means the parking brake can only be activated when the car is stationary i.e. at 0.00 mph :?:

so it removes this risk when the car is moving, so then can release the cup holders !!

This goes with what my OPC said, but it doesn't add up. Pressing the parking brake turns it off... so the risk isn't doing an accidental emergency stop. But maybe accidentally turning off the parking brake and having the car roll away, but then surely it would be in Park and wouldn't go anywhere?

Either way, the new cubby hole works as a cup holder no issue.

Yes, you're spot on.

I tend to put a water bottle in there. Fits quite well. Otherwise it's glasses and or phone.
Have to say it is nice to have a decent sized oddments storage after the 991.

It's positively practical... I keep my coasters for the woodwork in there so that nobody leaves rings on the sideboard ;)

6appeal said:
It's positively practical... I keep my coasters for the woodwork in there so that nobody leaves rings on the sideboard ;)

reason enough to share another picture of the Paldao dark open porous: interior trim

I still can't believe it took them 50 years of get it spot on after the original classic 911 series

less said about wood interiors on 911 from the 80s, 90s, 00's

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back