Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gmund Cars Ltd & Andrew Mearns FRAUD £1Million stolen

Pagoda1966 said:
Well I thought you all said I should hand out a 'flyer" ??

Wanted the Red Arrows but they were busy !

Don't mind admitting, I was a little apprehensive turning up single handed but met some brilliant people who took me at face value and DPC7 (the last guy to experience the Gmund approach to SOR) turned up to lend moral support (as did a good friend who lives locally).

Mearns didn't come out to confront me which spoke volumes to the people there. On the advice of my lawyer, I didn't go into his showroom for fear of being accused of threatening or assaulting him.

My original post wrongly described Mrs Mearns as being a Director at the time the vehicle was given to Gmund (August 2018). This was factually incorrect, she was just the Company Secretary who owned 50% of the business and was a 'person with significant control" (PSC). She resigned as Company Secretary and ceased to be a shareholder in December 2018. My bad, original post updated.

This negative publicity and a few other things still in play may push him over the edge and he'll just end up shutting up shop but let's see how the next week or two plays out.

More to follow, watch this (air)space & thanks for your continued support.

i was just driving out of the gmund site entrance in a black 996 when i spotted your car driving in with the writing emblazened all over the side of your car...i was sorry to miss all the fun but unfortunately needed to get back to harrogate to pick up my daughter. Mearns was there on site earlier on as i saw him sculking around near his bodyshop area at the back of the site. i didnt speak to him but me and my mate took great pleasure in eating as many danish pastries that he had on offer in his showroom as we could. i actually spotted the plane later on when i was walking my dog in harrogate...how i laughed when i read the banner...an excellent effort and i hope it helps in shaming him into coughing up what is rightfully yours.

jonttt said:
God that's an old picture of Mrs means on Twitter :floor:

This is a more 'up to date" picture in her capacity as a Governor of the local NHS trust :roll:

https://www.hdft.nhs.uk/about/council-of-governors/meet-our-governors/cllr-samantha-mearns/

And another up to date pic on the council website...

https://democracy.harrogate.gov.uk/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=140

a none practicing solicitor eh, I wonder how much she new about her husbands frauds whilst she was a person of significant control of Grund cars and its company secretary. I wonder how much tax she paid on the sale of her shares :floor: I wonder if she had any of the director loans, soooo many questions to answer :judge:

Ps her council has a 'whistle blowing" online submission

https://www.harrogate.gov.uk/info/20013/your_council/859/whistleblowing_policy

Personally I think having someone so closely associated which such blatant fraud and theft of significant funds should not be in public office looking after public funds. What would she turn a blind eye to (at best) whilst in public office when she is presumably living off the funds (via her husband) owed to other people :eek:

And then the icing on the cake :grin: we have her as the chair of https://renaissanceknaresborough.co.uk/

Which states 'Renaissance Knaresborough's aim is to invite engagement from the community to promote Knaresborough.
RK's role is to support activities which promote the town's leisure and tourism and 'make a great town even better'. :floor:

Yep your family really is putting the town on the map, maybe even the national news, well done :goodjob:

She looks well :thumb: coincidentally my grandmother used to hear that about fat people.
Her mobile phone number is on there, the entire 911uk membership could give her a call to wish her and her husband well :dont know:

So is there home address :roll:

Last sold in 2000 so they have been in it for a while. I wonder where they get the money to pay the mortgage from :?:

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/appletrees/main-street/scotton/knaresborough/hg5-9hy/10468355

And she a director of a Pension trust :eek:

https://democracy.harrogate.gov.uk/mgDeclarationSubmission.aspx?UID=495&HID=883&FID=0&HPID=0

Director of RHM Pension Trust Limited, appointed at start of 2019

Dormant but looks to be some sort of historic Premier Foods pension scheme

I wonder if they are aware of her links to a fraudulent car company :?:

For a none practicing solicitor she is building up quite a governance roles for herself, no wonder she cut ties with her dodgy husband last year, stinks of knowing exactly what he was / is up to to me :judge:

jonttt said:
https://www.harrogate.gov.uk/info/20013/your_council/859/whistleblowing_policy

It's really easy to use apparently, I've been told you don't need a login and I think we have a public obligation to let them know how a local cllr household income is being generated by at least making them aware of this public issue and then they can make there own enquirers etc...... :judge:

Good post :thumb:

So Jonttt - have you left a message on the council whistle blowing page?
You write very well and would be able to make succinct and relevant comments better than most...

It would be a shame if after all this hard work and online support, it just caves in and Mearns gets let off only to dupe another poor soul who has not seen all this. :dont know:

Tombri said:
So Jonttt - have you left a message on the council whistle blowing page?
You write very well and would be able to make succinct and relevant comments better than most...

It would be a shame if after all this hard work and online support, it just caves in and Mearns gets let off only to dupe another poor soul who has not seen all this. :dont know:

:whistle:

Looks like he has deactivated his Twitter account .

I did tweet something over weekend , along the lines of 'How do you sleep at night..."

...tagging loads of Porsche related accounts :floor:

Tombri said:

The trouble is that there is going to be some unfortunate at the end of the queue who is going to lose all his money - it's inevitable, unless the spineless dork actually does something like sells one of his own cars to finance his way out of this hole.

If you're reading this, Mearns, it was me that put DPC onto the owner of this forum and hopefully stitched you up big time by precipitating all this. Whatever you've got coming you deserve it. You're not fit to run a market stall, let alone deal in high end cars.

Even with all this bad publicity and the pressure put on his councillor wife/ex wife (delete as appropriate) I take it he's still not had the decency to settle this matter with Pagoda.
Just goes to show what a snivelling contemptible little man he is, no morals, no scruples and no sense of decency, his wife must be so proud of him!

What's the latest ?

Has Harrogate Councillor Sammy Mearns paid up ? Who was a person of significant control at the time the car was brought into GMUND Cars) or are they still living the good life with her husband Andrew Mearns

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back