Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche extended warranty

They often quote high figures when they do warranty work. I was given massively inflated figures for rear lights and then PDK box.

Norfolk & Idea said:
Mad Mark911 said:

And how many cars has this happened to? If we all worried about what could happen, we'd never come out from under our beds.... :)

Hopefully very few. But we do buy warranties, house and contents Insurance, life Insurance, critical illness Insurance and private medical Insurance. :thumb:

The really scared ones get into "prepping" - with guns, ammo, food and a nuclear shelter!

I extended with Porsche for two years, but have gone with a third party company once this ran out. I got 3 years for £1500 - also I don't have to stick to Porsche's ridiculous requirements to maintain the warranty. Eg genuine Porsche wipers etc.

So overall £500 a year rather than Porsche's £1000. Not complaining about the Porsche warranty had to use it a few times. However the third party warranty will allow me to get the work done by Porsche too so it should be just as good. ....fingers crosse

gilford said:
I've put PS4's all round on my C4s, no issue with OPC warranty as they are N rated.

Yup different size on the 4S to the 2S with 'n rated' available.

spongebob squarepants said:
gilford said:
I've put PS4's all round on my C4s, no issue with OPC warranty as they are N rated.

Yup different size on the 4S to the 2S with 'n rated' available.

Thats good to know as I loved the Michelin PS4S on previous cars. Have to say the PZeros are not as bad as I was expecting.

Jungle

Jungle650 said:
Have to say the PZeros are not as bad as I was expecting.

I love Michelins and I've had them or replaced others with them for years. However, my car came with a brand new set of Pirelli's and after reading the bashing that they've had on here - I think the same. They're really not that bad! My conclusion is that they probably get hard as they age and they are optimised for dry weather.

Sulz said:
I extended with Porsche for two years, but have gone with a third party company once this ran out. I got 3 years for £1500 - also I don't have to stick to Porsche's ridiculous requirements to maintain the warranty. Eg genuine Porsche wipers etc.

So overall £500 a year rather than Porsche's £1000. Not complaining about the Porsche warranty had to use it a few times. However the third party warranty will allow me to get the work done by Porsche too so it should be just as good. ....fingers crosse

Yeah, fingers crossed....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back