Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Indoor cover

Mark w

Hi all

I took a gamble on a new indoor cover after speaking to someone selling them on ebay for vehicles other than 993's but the sizes looked perfect for a 993 to me.
So I bought one along with a sew on badge also from ebay as and I'm very happy with the results so thought I'd share it as the genuine covers are about £280 :eek:
its a nice soft stretchy breathable material and i cut off the straps it comes with that go under the car as they are not required the cover hugs the car very well (and it now gonna blow off in the wind in my garage
the price was £39.99 and the badge cost me £11:floor: )

pictures show it all.

Link to cover below:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DELUXE-I...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Attachments

• img_9574_213.jpg
    img_9574_213.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 6,011
  • img_9575_163.jpg
    img_9575_163.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 6,011
  • img_9566_157.jpg
    img_9566_157.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 6,011
  • img_9568_634.jpg
    img_9568_634.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 6,011
Do you think it'd stretch to accommodating a small rs wing?

fits nice that.

I have a cotton cover that I must have bought near 30 years ago when i had a Sirocco storm, fits the 993 a treat, but it it lets through the fine pollen that has been in the air the last few weeks, we have ***** loads of the Maritime Pine trees around here in Poole and they really ***** a load of pollen. Wondering if this one you have would be better.

Hi Tobesetc

I'm sure it will as there is still loads of stretch left in it and as you can see from the sides there's still slack at the back each side as well.

Hi Andyobro

It says its dust proof but doesn't specify to what particle size, so not sure about the pollen getting through, sorry :dont know:

I had similar a few years back, and was really easy to use.
Let it go with car when I sold it :frustrated: well worth £40

Currently have the 'genuine" Porsche one. It was very snug in comparison on my GTS... definitely doesn't fit current car, due to wing

That looks great for £50.99. I had a nice one made to measure with the wing mirror ears, zipped doors etc that I got used on eBay a few years back. I think it was for a Cayman but fit the 993 perfectly. I've been looking everywhere for it recently at home, at work, in storage, in the other cars. Have come to the conclusion it has been taken to a new home against its will. :starwars:

Tobesetc said:
Do you think it'd stretch to accommodating a small rs wing?

I bought one second hand (don't know the make unfortunately) off eBay and the Seller said he'd used it on a Cayman. I checked the dimensions of the 993 and compared it to that of a Cayman and it looked like it would fit OK - which it does. It is very stretchy material and absolutely swallows the 993 so I'd be confident it would fit most 911s - winged or otherwise - unless you were buying one of the latest huge models.

My only gripe is that it's stretchiness allows it to touch the garage floor so I have to bunch up the material and clip it out of the way along the roof, but that's no real issue.

I bought a Richbrook one a couple of years ago, fits snugly and doesn't touch the floor.

I only put it on when the car's just been washed and won't be used for a while. Otherwise I've always worried that it just rubs the dirt against the paint.

I went for the eBay one. It just about fits the RS wing, although a little tight. The fabric is quite thin and very soft - you can see the car decals through it. But easily worth the price and makes you wonder how other brands justify the amount they charge.

This one is currently on eBay.

I know it's not specifically for a 993 but normally these things come up big (awful English!), tend to be a bit stretchy and fit most 911s given the newer models tend to be bigger than the 993.

Used Genuine Porsche 991 Carrera 2 Indoor Car Cover 2012 Onwards 911 C2
eBay item number: 303161182563

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back