Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

IPD Plenum fitting + AOS ---REPLACEMENT --

deMort said:
I doubt the fluid is special and is probably used on many makes of cars . ..

Pentosin CHF is what we use and it is indeed dark green :)

Cheers deMort, im gonna have to get me some of that to fill up alittle!!

:thumb: :thumb:

J

Jimi, Wayne is in the dark forests of the North in bear and wolves territory :grin: so yes near Bolton :floor:

The car had done about 400 miles before the remap its now done 2500 miles since getting it back from the rebuild about 4 weeks ago.and is loosening up nicely .

Wayne didn't give me the exact reduction in power between the two just said it was less and also showed a constant error code as the OEairbox sensor was not there with the fabspeed.

I agree totally with your thoughts and thats why I didn't diss the fabspeed, its down to personal choice as long as your clear the gains are grin, sound and visual and not power with the fabspeed then use it and enjoy it . but your going to see some gains from the other mods and on a 997.1 S I would be expecting to see not far off the power of the X51 power kit ,with the exhaust , ipd, a good remap and a 4" under drive pulley which was basically the set up I had on my gen1 .

Phil 997 said:
Jimi, Wayne is in the dark forests of the North in bear and wolves territory :grin: so yes near Bolton :floor:

The car had done about 400 miles before the remap its now done 2500 miles since getting it back from the rebuild about 4 weeks ago.and is loosening up nicely .

Wayne didn't give me the exact reduction in power between the two just said it was less and also showed a constant error code as the OEairbox sensor was not there with the fabspeed.

I agree totally with your thoughts and thats why I didn't diss the fabspeed, its down to personal choice as long as your clear the gains are grin, sound and visual and not power with the fabspeed then use it and enjoy it . but your going to see some gains from the other mods and on a 997.1 S I would be expecting to see not far off the power of the X51 power kit ,with the exhaust , ipd, a good remap and a 4" under drive pulley which was basically the set up I had on my gen1 .

Hi phil, i guess when im ready with all mods ill be looking for a mapping session, can i ask how long did your car take for a map, was it all day thing?

Phil, you mapped your car at 400 miles from rebuild? Thought you have to run your car in and change oil then balls on it?

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:

Hi phil, i guess when im ready with all mods ill be looking for a mapping session, can i ask how long did your car take for a map, was it all day thing?

Phil, you mapped your car at 400 miles from rebuild? Thought you have to run your car in and change oil then balls on it?

Cheers

J

I asked Hartech to do some running in prior to the remap so they put the miles on as Both them and Wayne are up North so I only wanted one trip lol.
Grant was happy at the mileage done and the car checked before it was passed over to Wayne ,it was then fully rechecked when it came back from Wayne and when Hartech were happy it was released to me.
I am not an engineer mate but there seemed some correlation between what using a thiner viscosity oil for running in is trying to achieve and giving the car a controlled few good revs . the plan from what I understand is to give the engine components a roughness before changing to the thicker viscosity oil which had now been done and I am back using millers 10W50 nano+ .
baring in mind that the car already had a remap on it and as it happens not a good one ,so leaving that would probably have been worse for the engine than anything . I dont know but that may have influenced decisions made :?: :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back