Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gmund Cars Ltd & Andrew Mearns FRAUD £1Million stolen

bad press

I have just put a post on their Instagram.

keep up the bad press until he pays or gives some sort of answer.
You cant run a business and rob, someone of 50k. it's not on.

:cop: :cop: :cop:

Attachments

• gmund_543.jpg
    gmund_543.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 2,531
Re: bad press

tgdesign said:

good that you added the screen shots, so when they delete your comments you will know :judge:

What was the reaction of all the visitors?

If there is anyone who has an SOR car with them at present and has seen all this how will they react?

Could be a queue of risk averse clients looking to get their cars back ASAP.

...what a legend !

Admire your style, really do...an incisive and dignified out.

What a completely morally bankrupt scumbag...I would be going after his Mrs...this might be his Achilles heel...

Genuinely wish you a positive outcome...this is everyone's worst nightmare and I simply cannot believe this isn't a criminal matter?

tgdesign said:

Tgdesign

As expected Gmund have deleted these comments
So anyone reading their Instagram page would be none the wiser
For those on twitter, former 50% Shareholder (till Dec 2018 but during the time the car was taken in) Samantha Mearns is @SammyMearns

'Andrew and Sammy Mearns, having a good read are we"

Attachments

• 308883f7_4c8f_4873_b1a5_d397374d693e_154.jpeg
    308883f7_4c8f_4873_b1a5_d397374d693e_154.jpeg
    699.2 KB · Views: 2,448

Porsche News said:
tgdesign said:

Tgdesign

As expected Gmund have deleted these comments
So anyone reading their Instagram page would be none the wiser
For those on twitter, former 50% Shareholder (till Dec 2018 but during the time the car was taken in) Samantha Mearns is @SammyMearns

'Andrew and Sammy Mearns, having a good read are we"

That looks like a old medieval prison on her Twitter 😁

mrgrey said:
If there is anyone who has an SOR car with them at present and has seen all this how will they react?

Could be a queue of risk averse clients looking to get their cars back ASAP.

If it was my car.....

Well I thought you all said I should hand out a 'flyer" ??

Wanted the Red Arrows but they were busy !

Don't mind admitting, I was a little apprehensive turning up single handed but met some brilliant people who took me at face value and DPC7 (the last guy to experience the Gmund approach to SOR) turned up to lend moral support (as did a good friend who lives locally).

Mearns didn't come out to confront me which spoke volumes to the people there. On the advice of my lawyer, I didn't go into his showroom for fear of being accused of threatening or assaulting him.

My original post wrongly described Mrs Mearns as being a Director at the time the vehicle was given to Gmund (August 2018). This was factually incorrect, she was just the Company Secretary who owned 50% of the business and was a 'person with significant control" (PSC). She resigned as Company Secretary and ceased to be a shareholder in December 2018. My bad, original post updated.

This negative publicity and a few other things still in play may push him over the edge and he'll just end up shutting up shop but let's see how the next week or two plays out.

More to follow, watch this (air)space & thanks for your continued support.

I was at an event today in Poole and was chatting to a guy I know who is not a Porsche owner and he was already aware of this story! Sounds like word is spreading far and wide!

Hope you get your money back soon

Agreed pal of mine visited a high end dealer in Buckingham oin Friday to view a car. Dealer principle was aware so trade up to speed with his antics

Really hoping on a positive outcome for you, I read the story a few weeks back on here and saw what happened yesterday via the Porsche Owners UK Facebook group.
Thought I'd just show you how the word is spreading as this was something that just popped up on my Facebook 🙏🏼

Attachments

• 8176c33c_28cf_4a36_8f87_2208c4b39f5e_166.png
    8176c33c_28cf_4a36_8f87_2208c4b39f5e_166.png
    396 KB · Views: 2,294
:worship:

The scum bag and his Mrs have finally met their match.

You would think the police would be all over this fraud but :weed: ........ :roll:

God that's an old picture of Mrs means on Twitter :floor:

This is a more 'up to date" picture in her capacity as a Governor of the local NHS trust :roll:

https://www.hdft.nhs.uk/about/council-of-governors/meet-our-governors/cllr-samantha-mearns/

And another up to date pic on the council website...

https://democracy.harrogate.gov.uk/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=140

a none practicing solicitor eh, I wonder how much she new about her husbands frauds whilst she was a person of significant control of Grund cars and its company secretary. I wonder how much tax she paid on the sale of her shares :floor: I wonder if she had any of the director loans, soooo many questions to answer :judge:

Ps her council has a 'whistle blowing" online submission

https://www.harrogate.gov.uk/info/20013/your_council/859/whistleblowing_policy

Personally I think having someone so closely associated which such blatant fraud and theft of significant funds should not be in public office looking after public funds. What would she turn a blind eye to (at best) whilst in public office when she is presumably living off the funds (via her husband) owed to other people :eek:

And then the icing on the cake :grin: we have her as the chair of https://renaissanceknaresborough.co.uk/

Which states 'Renaissance Knaresborough's aim is to invite engagement from the community to promote Knaresborough.
RK's role is to support activities which promote the town's leisure and tourism and 'make a great town even better'. :floor:

Yep your family really is putting the town on the map, maybe even the national news, well done :goodjob:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back