Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A new chapter...

ch3tman said:
Last month and some of this month involved the strip down, repairs and prep. Plenty of photos so far (~40), but here are a few...

u0s03Go.jpg

ZUKBY3S.jpg

K4wHCWj.jpg

Rust treatment/repairs are in scope where deemed required, chassis legs included. The car had separate work carried out in the last ~10years to address the scuttle so no repair effort required in these 'typical' areas.

Items like the bumper supports beyond salvageable and so replaced.

CXaYplT.jpg

It had been observed before, but here we can see my exhausts once upon a time had the bypass pipe only to be sealed up!

Primer stage in progress....

7b8S8bO.jpg

xCufL7j.jpg

K2dRa1p.jpg

Quite disconcerting to see your own pride and joy in such states :eek:
...really hammers home it's real and happening :lol:.

More exciting pics next...

I feel your pain ch3tman. It's like a Pandora's Box once you start.. :sad:

Nice to see that Ty is doing yours. I'm planning on him doing my respray (boring same Iris Blue it already is).

8) RUF Wheels look perfecto here..

Attachments

• vf2bdpu_282.jpg
    vf2bdpu_282.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 1,564
kingroon said:
8) RUF Wheels look perfecto here..

Too flat faced. 993 needs dish... :bandit:

Ruf Monoblocks are also boat anchors (heavy)!

C.

tyinsky said:
Did the primer go over the existing paint or did the existing paint get removed first?
Everything taken back during prep....to what degree, will have to check (talk got technical at the time!). Was happy to leave the best approach in the hands of the proprietor who puts his reputation against the quality of the end result :).

andyobro said:
How funny is that bypass capping , guess they found it a bit loud. Get some valves in there :)
When you're ready! :wink:

AndyS said:
Are you still going with the RS bits too?
Decided to keep the car lowered on those wheels, and without aero for now. Thank you nevertheless for your inputs. Will be referred to in future no doubt.

RobIpswichUK said:
Nice to see that Ty is doing yours. I'm planning on him doing my respray (boring same Iris Blue it already is).
As has been stated many times before, Ty is a great guy who knows his way around our cars very well; he owns one too now and has plans for it. It's clear to see why he works on so many special Porsche cars. No hesitation in recommending.

cableguy said:
NB in orange... :bandit: Some inspiration...
That car is Gulf Orange as seen here.

In fact there are quite a few Porsche Oranges, below are the popular ones...

(Only as good as the camera used to capture and screen used to view, as evidenced on how 018 appears on both samples below. Also there will be slight variation between paint supplier... Glasurit, Mipa, Standox, PPG, Spies Hecker, etc.)

OoKroOe.jpg

iLKhsh8.png

A popular shade missing from the above lineup is Continental Orange, which I'd best describe as closer to a neon/highlighter.

This thread has been going for only ten days and yet there has been over 2300 views.
Just goes to show how popular build threads are.

OP, love the colour you have chosen and what you are doing. :thumbs:

pzero said:
This thread has been going for only ten days and yet there has been over 2300 views.
Just goes to show how popular build threads are.

OP, love the colour you have chosen and what you are doing. :thumbs:

Hoo ha, one that's not dark blue or silver! That's a super choice :thumb:

My now sold 993 was Aventura ...... a marmite colour at best ...... if I had kept the car I think at some stage I would have had a re-spray ........ my choice of colour would have been Riviera Blue for my car but that orange is also stunning.

All got colour change, wrap it respray. The only issue in my view is the interior colour restricting the colour change. If it's black then fill your boots, I've got classic grey and I'm unsure it even goes with the body colours that it was twinned with at the factory. Appreciate it may been the height of 90s fashion.

Ian

This just looks utterly gorgeous to my eyes!!! :thumb:

Hats off to you, Chet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back