Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2001 C4 project car

crash7 said:
:thumb: I would be interested to see the caliper bracket that you come up with the get the front PCCB calipers to fit to the C2 130mm hole centre knuckle/upright.

Or have you changed the knuckle/upright?

No, haven't changed the upright. These are the 997.2 GT2 calipers which have a much larger spacing than the 997.1 or 996 turbo/GT3 calipers, but a smaller piston area than the 6 piston 997.2 turbo calipers so the brake bias won't be affected aversely. With running the 380mm disks there is also more room for a bracket.

MC

Implemented CAN bus output of all channels except the rev ranges. This gives a bit more freedom in terms of logging and display of the parameters.

MC

The clip for the cup shift linkage has arrived, unfortunately it won't fit properly as the housing gets in the way. Rather than cut away part of the housing I decided to modify the clip as this is in addition to, not instead of the bracket I made up.

It still hold the metal piece down, it just doesn't apply any backwards pressure to it on one side.

MC

Which part of the housing got in the way of the clip? It fitted without a problem on the 996 housing I tested it on.

steve r said:
Which part of the housing got in the way of the clip? It fitted without a problem on the 996 housing I tested it on.

The ribs in the middle. Only a couple of mm gap.

MC

Mine doesn't have that rib and neither does the 997 GT3 shifter I have fitted. What car was that one from & what's it do?

Part number is 996.424.010.04. I guess they revised the design at some point and removed it. I think this is the original one off my 2001 C4, but to be honest I have so many parts I can't be sure.

MC

Fair enough, so it could be cut off and the clip used then?

Have you looked at how the Cup cables attach to gearbox bracket? The Cup Car PET shows a different part number than the normal bracket, It's about £120 so I haven't ordered one yet until I know if it's actually required or if the standard one can be used or modified.

I have asked my thread on this to be split in to two, to try to keep this mainly about my C4 project rather than other bits I'm working on, there will be some overlap and I've a bit of editing to do to move stuff around. Sorry about this.......

I have spoken with the company who do the machining and there is no problem with getting the chest back on the CNC machine to have it modified. So off it comes....

Old one put back on, haven't bothered torqueing anything up as it won't be started or even turned over until it is back together. I like to keep it assembled as much as possible so I know where the parts are.

One of the coils is cracked so that will be replaced. The others all looked fine so I'll keep them as they are.

Tappet chest needs cleaning up, then ready to go.

MC

The standard engine from my C4 has been taken off the stand...

The Boxster 3.2l engine I have has gone on the stand. I now need to see which components from this:

Are the same as the components on this:

And put any ones which are the same on to this:

The rest of the engine will then be stripped down so that the bottom end can be converted to 3.7l and the heads can go off for porting.

MC

Having a quick look to see if the throttle bodies will fit, it looks like there is a fighting chance.

MC

Finally, some movement in the bodyshop. I couldn't get the side skirt off on my ramp as there wasn't enough room. Now it is off, I've never seen anything like this:

Both sides needed a bit of work on the rear sills, this is the second side.

MC

Wow that's crazy! Who'd have thought that could happen behind the sills!

steve r said:
Have you looked at how the Cup cables attach to gearbox bracket? The Cup Car PET shows a different part number than the normal bracket, It's about £120 so I haven't ordered one yet until I know if it's actually required or if the standard one can be used or modified.

I looked at this this morning, it appears to just bolt straight on.

Given that there is a nut which can be unscrewed, I can see it would be possible to have a bracket fitted which doesn't have a slot in it, but I don't know what the difference is to the cup bracket, I haven't looked at it.

MC

From Cup PET

fuHY2Ib.png

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back