Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Porsche 911 Turbo Replacement Toy.

That is what it is all about. A great honest review, it sounds superb.

MC

Thanks for the balanced write up :thumb:

It almost aligns exactly with what my buddy said when he went from 911 turbo to 360 Modena years back. He loved his Ferrari but conceded 'its a rich mans car'

Looks bloody lovely though. Very nice indeed :thumbs:

Big thanks for the write up Boba'. :thumbs:

I read something similar about 10 years ago when I was considering a 355 to satisfy my life long dream. I went with the safe option of a 911 Carrera and the rest is history.

I briefly considered a 360 before switching from the 996T to my 997T but decided to stay retired rather than get a job just to finance running a car. :D

Great and honest write up.

I nearly purchased a 355 about ten years ago and didn't for all the running cost horror stories.

Eight years later I purchased a 458 and recently sold it for the 488. The 458 was a game changer for Ferrari a massive step forward in modernisation of switch gear and reliability. From 2012 onward cars have seven years free servicing

My 458 still had another two years of free services and with 9000k on the clock it hadn't missed a beat and nothing had needed replacing, pretty good in my opinion.

It was hard to understand how the 488 was going to be a better car to drive than the 458 but some how it is. Incredible car to drive with intimidating performance. Doesn't sound as good as a 430 though and yours looks gorgeous in white, I couldn't have a red Ferrari..

Cheers

Darren.

Attachments

• 6a9c7767_2ac7_4e05_acc6_560e6c3ef4af_430.jpeg
    6a9c7767_2ac7_4e05_acc6_560e6c3ef4af_430.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 5,405
  • ace36ba5_c8b6_46d2_95e8_4d0fe676c0c9_187.jpeg
    ace36ba5_c8b6_46d2_95e8_4d0fe676c0c9_187.jpeg
    271.7 KB · Views: 5,405
Spot on write up Bobba :thumb:

I was lucky enough to drive one as a daily as a company car. It was why I took the job when I was offered one :grin:

Great memories and in lots of ways my favourite Ferrari, despite their faults they just had more character to drive than the more modern 2 seaters. I prefer the GT Ferrari's now and other marques as sports cars but have many many good memories of the 430 :thumb:

jonttt said:
Spot on write up Bobba :thumb:

I was lucky enough to drive one as a daily as a company car. It was why I took the job when I was offered one :grin:

Great memories and in lots of ways my favourite Ferrari, despite their faults they just had more character to drive than the more modern 2 seaters. I prefer the GT Ferrari's now and other marques as sports cars but have many many good memories of the 430 :thumb:

Thanks I can't get enough of this car at the moment, properly love it. :thumb:

Love your F430 and great write up, but I have one question.

Now, as you have sold your 997 Turbo do you find you miss it? Or as you say does the specialness of the Fez counter that feeling?

AmirRS said:
Love your F430 and great write up, but I have one question.

Now, as you have sold your 997 Turbo do you find you miss it? Or as you say does the specialness of the Fez counter that feeling?

Did I have a 997 Turbo ? :grin:

Its not really in my interest to put a 911 Turbo down, I have had them for 20 years, however you asked. The Porsche's are absolutely great cars and a simply stunning everyday sports car. You cannot get better really. And thats the difference "everyday" its drives to easy, it hides speed, it flatters your driving, it lacks soul, sound, sensation and theater.

The Ferrari is a proper toy, you would not really want one as a daily, its exciting, its addictive, you have to drive it, your Nan could not just get in it and go, it has drama just walking up to it. What is missing from the Porsche is in abundance in the Farrari.

I have never had drugs but I can imagine its like a spliff Vs Cocaine. And we all know what cost more as well.

I've banged there gear over the years. Don't see how you can compare a spliff with a Ferrari :dont know:

:grin: :bandit:

Does it have upgraded manifolds?

Im on the fence, been reading a lot of stories about the originals cracking.

I ordered some CS wheels for mine in the end, should arrive next week.

116618LN said:
Does it have upgraded manifolds?

Im on the fence, been reading a lot of stories about the originals cracking.

I ordered some CS wheels for mine in the end, should arrive next week.

Yes it does, what do you mean you are on the fence? against the Turbo ?

LOL the turbo will come with me to the grave.

Im on the fence about changing the F430 manifolds. No indication of failure yet but I've heard they're a time bomb.

Do you have mk2's or aftermarket manifolds?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back