Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 order... What are your specs?

6appeal said:
Afternoon brew so refined in the 992 😉
Nice that you've accepted the coffee table into your living room. 😜

65 Litre fuel tank... fair to say timed with military precision heading home from Somerset to my local ⛽️

Partying like it's 1899...

Attachments

• 7314cc3d_ca0f_46af_973b_ce8aaeaf28b4_392.jpeg
    7314cc3d_ca0f_46af_973b_ce8aaeaf28b4_392.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 3,180
  • 5836abed_9f55_4af4_8bcd_71644383fa9c_635.jpeg
    5836abed_9f55_4af4_8bcd_71644383fa9c_635.jpeg
    232.8 KB · Views: 3,180
Blooming eck, past the 2,000 mile mark on the motorway at midnight last night heading home, followed by tight country roads.

Car proper bedded in now, it's a serious serious weapon... experimenting with the different modes on different roads. It takes sweeping or tight corners in such a flat and controlled manner, but so smooth on even terrible roads. The acceleration is on another level! Took my dad out for a ride, he was a mechanic and car technical trainer before retiring and he was in absolute shock experiencing a launch start pinned in his seat (thought I'd given him a blooming heart attack!!). He couldn't stop laughing afterwards once he composed himself.

I love the 992 exhaust tone! You can have some right fun, the deep warble at 1,000 rpm, the scream of foot down, flick of the accelerator in between.

Right, I best get another 2,000 miles on it this next week!!!

Oh the classic moment when i went away this week and went to hang up a suit in the back of my car to find the 992 has got rid of the coat hooks in the rear that were in the 991. lol no complaints, through the fecker on the back seat instead, as i see there are now airbags in the back for the rear passengers.

6appeal said:
Oh the classic moment when i went away this week and went to hang up a suit in the back of my car to find the 992 has got rid of the coat hooks in the rear that were in the 991. lol no complaints, through the fecker on the back seat instead, as i see there are now airbags in the back for the rear passengers.

Front-impact airbags
Front-impact airbags for the driver and passenger (cancellable passenger) have been designed to protect the head during a frontal crash.

Side impact airbags
Side impact airbags for the front seats have been designed to protect the torso during a side impact collision.

Overhead airbags
Overhead airbags are used to protect the occupant's heads in the event of a side collision or rollover.

Knee airbags
Knee airbags help to protect the occupants lower extremities from serious injury in the event of an accident.

992! Can.

I ordered a 992 cab in January and waiting, waiting....
seems will arrive at end of July. Will pick up and register 1.9.19, hopefully.
Anyone got a 992 cab yet???

Re: 992! Can.

Deanwe said:
I ordered a 992 cab in January and waiting, waiting....
seems will arrive at end of July. Will pick up and register 1.9.19, hopefully.
Anyone got a 992 cab yet???

I don't have one yet mate, but i ordered one a month ago and they said november/december for delivery! so i said i will wait until 1st march to collect it. about 6 months seems accurate for lead times for C4S? i can't wait for mine if i am honest!!

Yes, I am waiting 4 weeks after delivery for mine because of new registration plates. Cannot wait. The Silverstone experience was amazing. Acceleration on 992 is brutal. Counting down the days.

Deanwe said:
Yes, I am waiting 4 weeks after delivery for mine because of new registration plates. Cannot wait. The Silverstone experience was amazing. Acceleration on 992 is brutal. Counting down the days.

what spec did you go for mate? colour etc?
i cant wait for the silverstone experience, i done it when i got my 981 spyder and i thought it was amazing too!

....did anyone except me order white? It arrived and it is stunning. Least i think it is .

PBM said:
....did anyone except me order white? It arrived and it is stunning. Least i think it is .

I went for gentian blue, but I would have loved to see white with the black Porsche decals on the side. Unfortunately the configurator wouldn't show it so I didn't have the bottle. Would love to see pics of yours mate, which white did you go for?

beacytan said:
PBM said:

I went for gentian blue, but I would have loved to see white with the black Porsche decals on the side. Unfortunately the configurator wouldn't show it so I didn't have the bottle. Would love to see pics of yours mate, which white did you go for?

Standard white . got it last week, and believe it on not I don't even have a decent photo of it to share !. its tucked away since weekend coz of this dreadful weather . It will be out tomorrow and I'll share after .I thought about the decals for a few seconds....nah, not my thing but to be honest I see older cars in certain colours and can look good. A light blue ( a custom color I suspect ) I saw in a recent Targa with the "Porsche" down the side looked the business.

beacytan said:
PBM said:

Arriving in a few months. Fingers crossed:

[/img]

Attachments

• 992ka_551.jpg
    992ka_551.jpg
    647.9 KB · Views: 4,734
beacytan said:
that's beautiful. LOVE them graphics!!

Thanks! Wasn't a fan of graphics or white but when I saw the Carrara white metallic I had to switch from plain black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back