Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Grr, tree sap

Robertb

So, I parked under a tree a few weeks ago and returned to find a number of very sticky seed things on the paint. I picked them off, but did not wash off the sticky residue.

I snow-foamed and washed the car the other day and found that the sticky bits have hardened and etched the paint, to make odd marks a bit like some badly applied lacquer blobs. So far I've clayed, tried G Techniq tar remover, Meguiars Ultimate Compound and Zymol HD Cleanse, but to no avail.

I don't want to polish more with the DA as I will take off too much clearcoat in the surrounding area.

Any ideas? :?:

The irony was I only parked under the tree so no one else could park next to it!

A few weeks between washes :nooo:

Wasting your time with anything other than 1200 grit soaped up.

Have your tried softening them off with something like white spirit or meths

Once the lacquer takes the form of what's landed on it the only option it to flatten it back.

Alex said:
Once the lacquer takes the form of what's landed on it the only option it to flatten it back.

Is that what happens? I'd not realised how fragile the lacquer is.

I will try leaving some paper towel soaked in spirit on it, but I suspect you are right and wet sanding is probably the best bet.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back