Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A new chapter...

That's before the stickers went on. Top half wrap. Looked better than I expected in that state. still all on but coming off sometime this summer (after LM, FOS, Silverstone Classic, etc). Then it'll probably join the queue for a respray...if only I knew who to trust with the task.

Tobesetc said:
That's before the stickers went on. Top half wrap. Looked better than I expected in that state. still all on but coming off sometime this summer (after LM, FOS, Silverstone Classic, etc). Then it'll probably join the queue for a respray...if only I knew who to trust with the task.

Looks like a decent wrap.

Here are a few 993s wearing the chosen colour of BlutOrange / Blood Orange / Tangerine.

(there was a subtle hint on the first line, of the first post, on the first page).

GT2 - a car I had the pleasure of seeing first hand in 2014 per these pics:

yTCz3L1.jpg

y7nrS0W.jpg

wHFFm2s.jpg

RS CS

HLCLNYv.jpg

RUF BTR2

vF2BdpU.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biFeIH-cTbU

C2

pJYwsEM.jpg

sSKQsfS.jpg

After long deliberating the addition of aero (Aero kit or RS kit) I decided to keep the clean lines of the body as is, aknowledging the Supercup cars pulled the look off pretty well:

7796d266f40de18a2c96740ee8727acd_611ae43abd1fa4aca233d6ef9d2001aa24e228eb.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv7SQCzbuLg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqutG2zoYUY.

The last time I saw the car, as I waved goodbye...

8krTIeN.jpg

Calliper colour is TBC. Likely black; body colour may be OTT.

edit: pics/links fixed

Last month and some of this month involved the strip down, repairs and prep. Plenty of photos so far (~40), but here are a few...

u0s03Go.jpg

ZUKBY3S.jpg

K4wHCWj.jpg

Rust treatment/repairs are in scope where deemed required, chassis legs included. The car had separate work carried out in the last ~10years to address the scuttle so no repair effort required in these 'typical' areas.

Items like the bumper supports beyond salvageable and so replaced.

CXaYplT.jpg

It had been observed before, but here we can see my exhausts once upon a time had the bypass pipe only to be sealed up!

Primer stage in progress....

7b8S8bO.jpg

xCufL7j.jpg

K2dRa1p.jpg

Quite disconcerting to see your own pride and joy in such states :eek:
...really hammers home it's real and happening :lol:.

More exciting pics next...

How funny is that bypass capping , guess they found it a bit loud. Get some valves in there :)

My boxes looked in similar condition when i started, I had them sandblasted and then ceramic coated after my mods.

Attachments

• img_20190319_200605_186.jpg
    img_20190319_200605_186.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 1,815
ch3tman said:
Here are a few 993s wearing the chosen colour of BlutOrange / Blood Orange / Tangerine....

:bow:

I have to say I am now very VERY interested to see the finished car! Orange is DEFINITELY the coolest look (as I've been telling anyone who'll listen... a small group)

Fabulous choice... when's it ready?

NB in orange... :bandit:

Some inspiration...

C.

Attachments

• orange_1_137.jpg
    orange_1_137.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 1,776
  • orange_2_145.jpg
    orange_2_145.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 1,776
Watching with interest. 8)

Tobesetc said:

Ty Fuller at Riviera Autobody, or Sam at Precision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back