Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

speedster deposit -- too late?

adrian993

Am I look late to get an IOI or deposit on a speedster build?

Would appreciate any leads!

Thanks !!!

Adrian
Unless you have a history of GT cars from new at your dealer of choice, then I highly doubt you'll get a chance. Even if you offered to pay up front in full you'd still struggle at a guess.
I hope you find a sympathetic dealer principal that will listen to why you should get an allocation.
Good luck :thumb:

adrian993 said:

Thanks !!!

I'd say yes by about 4 years, half a dozen Macans and and 2 gt3's.

More chance of Lord Lucan serving you coffee at Starbucks.

m119cars said:
adrian993 said:

Thanks !!!

I'd say yes by about 4 years, half a dozen Macans and and 2 gt3's.

More chance of Lord Lucan serving you coffee at Starbucks.

Gosh - I thought it would have been much worse than that, probably 10 x 911's but the most credible explanation I've yet heard involved Freemasonry and funny handshakes! :worship:

Maybe I'm confused but at 2x the price of a regular gt3 and nearly 2,000 in the making, I would have thought it's easier to buy but obviously what do I know

I have no problem cashing the purchase but seems like they prefer to let it go to flippers or worse, sometimes flipping themselves.

Would it be helpful if I put up a trade in like a 993RS or a 993 turbo S? Or would I get ripped off to the extent I should forget about it too haha

adrian993 said:
Maybe I'm confused but at 2x the price of a regular gt3 and nearly 2,000 in the making, I would have thought it's easier to buy but obviously what do I know

You would think so but I was told yesterday that an OPC that would normally have several 'premier' customers in line for a car like this had been allocated only two.

interesting indeed

997 they only made 356 vs 1964 on the 991 and at a huge premium too. Maybe the world is in a very good shape at the moment. What trade war. What brexit. Show me the speedster!

Talked to the dealer last week, he said if you'd bought c.40 Porsches over the years you *might* be able to get *on the waiting list* for a *possible* allocation. He thought it was mad as well...

adrian993 said:

I have no problem cashing the purchase but seems like they prefer to let it go to flippers or worse, sometimes flipping themselves.

Would it be helpful if I put up a trade in like a 993RS or a 993 turbo S? Or would I get ripped off to the extent I should forget about it too haha

All of them have been allocated - happened last week.

I know some 918 owners who didn't get one this time either. And the grey market is only about 50k over at the moment, so not really sure it is a flipper market, because that grey market could evaporate very quickly.

Even if there were some left, it would be pointless trading what you suggested. I suspect subject to spec you could pick up one up for not much overs and frankly paying the overs is cheaper than buying short terms 10 cayennes etc etc.

Ken

what Ken said, easier enough to pick one slightly over list rather than having to buy a Cayenne, Macan, Carrera T, GT3 and GT4 at inflated prices with weak trade in prices

996ttalot said:
adrian993 said:

All of them have been allocated - happened last week.

I know some 918 owners who didn't get one this time either. And the grey market is only about 50k over at the moment, so not really sure it is a flipper market, because that grey market could evaporate very quickly.

Even if there were some left, it would be pointless trading what you suggested. I suspect subject to spec you could pick up one up for not much overs and frankly paying the overs is cheaper than buying short terms 10 cayennes etc etc.

Ken

Fascinating... looks like Porsche priced this one dead on.

Yes I didn't think ~2,000 at £211k would create a huge flippers market

And very surprised 918 owners didn't get one

I just wish I had the luxury to spec my own car rather than buying someone's used when I'm paying £2xx but oh well it is what it is

What's the U.K. share likely to be? Maybe 40-50 cars?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back