Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

NW 200 - bonkers on board lap

Brilliant clip & balls of steel

Big balls of steel indeed. :eek:

Incredible footage, and safe racing to all the competitors in this year's NW200.

One of my friends Donald Macfadyen who is over 50 I may add is competing in the superstock he was complaining a couple of years ago he needed a new bike because he was only getting to 186 on the straights :eek: feckin bonkers

that's my 924s shocks on the floor not off the bike its got zillion pound ohlins

BMW 1000 race bike

Attachments

• 20170117_203653_134.jpg
    20170117_203653_134.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 8,155
Balls of steel for sure. Heading up there in the morning to do a bit of marshalling. Looks like the weather's going to be kind for the rest of the week so we're in for some serious racing.

Will always remember Michael Rutter breaking the 200mph barrier* but 'only' doing 199mph the next time round. Turned out he was waving to the camera so his speed was a bit down! Mental.

Hopefully it'll be a safe show this year.

*201.1mph

I went last year. The weather was amazing and the craic was brilliant.

Come on Jezza! :thumbs:

:worship: :worship: utter respect and balls of steel, or maybe bonkers :dont know:
but I could not do that :hand:

FRZ 911 said:
Balls of steel for sure. Heading up there in the morning to do a bit of marshalling. Looks like the weather's going to be kind for the rest of the week so we're in for some serious racing.

Will always remember Michael Rutter breaking the 200mph barrier* but 'only' doing 199mph the next time round. Turned out he was waving to the camera so his speed was a bit down! Mental.

*201.1mph

Excellent keep an eye out for old faddy on number 55 red & white bike :thumb:

:bow: :bow: :bow:
I had to watch most of this from behind the couch :D
it really is other worldy....but totally amazing

Both brave and bonkers in equal measure :thumb:
I remember Mark Webber (F1) watching his pal at the Isle of Man TT races and he was over-awed at the speed of the bikes coming by him on open roads with trees, lamp-posts etc right there on the street, he had tears in his eyes with excitement.

:worship: Enjoy gentlemen and safe riding....

Gazc2 said:
FRZ 911 said:

*201.1mph

Excellent keep an eye out for old faddy on number 55 red & white bike :thumb:

Will do - perfect conditions at the moment so should be some great racing later on. :thumbs:

Gazc2,

Just back from a cracking day's practice and racing. Managed to get a quick word with Fudge and passed on your best wishes. Here's a short clip of the Superstock race and you'll see him rolling past up to the start line after the first wave have left. Apologies for the crap quality but I was supposed to be working lol.

Top man :thumb: I see he finished 20th not bad for an old boy😁

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back