Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

VMax May 2019

I couldn't make this one but heard your car did very well?!

VMAX

Nice! What did you run Rick and what was the event like?

The event was superb, no queing. The weather was generally good - a couple of small showers that passed in 20 mins or so.

Quite a headwind according to the timing guys. The 720s's were hitting 201-202 instead of the usual 207-208.

I ran 197.3 which I'm over the moon with. I was hoping for 190 with a stretch at 192. Bear in mind i'm on the stock exhaust housings which don't flow well at all, and the stock exhaust system... 0-300 was 26s.

That 0-300kph of 26 secs amazing Rick. I take it you were on race fuel and or have changed set up to meth, bigger turbos etc?

Also Rick has that 997.1 turbo tip with GT2 VTGS you tuned recently to 680bhp managed to squeeze out a 0-300kph yet?

Hey Imi,

It's running the stock VTG but with larger comp wheels. Power nose dives after 6500 or so due to the huge back pressure that the housings generate and I have to taper the boost down. I was at 6900rpm so way past peak power and am therefore hugely surprised it made that top end. It was on VPower.

The TIP car - I may run it at Vmax in September, depending if I'm here as could well be on holiday. That would be very interesting given the longer gearing and better top end.

That's amazing with 997.1 VTG hybrids and stock exhaust housing both top speed and 0-300kph

Have you bothered with the IPD Y pipe, 82mm GT3 throttle body and plenum? Partial throttle response always been a bit hesistant at low speed since this mod. Also the larger 62mm compressor wheel on GT2 VTGs means no meaningful power till 3500rpm with peak torque at 4400rpm so more laggy than stock VTGs. Power falls off a similar point even with GT2 VTGs.

Did you find more lag with your hybrids? What size compressor wheel did you go for?

Stock Y Pipe, DO88 Plenum to match GT3 throttle body.

I don't think it does anything at this power level though.

The hybrids have a 49mm inducer so quite a large wheel and they are laggier. The GT2 setup I did actually spooled sooner, presumably due to the better flowing housings. The exhaust wheel design used in the original and GT2 is an old design. There are more responsive and better flowing designs out there that I will experiment with, probably next year.

If that 26 sec 0-186mph repeatable sounds like you have a healthy 620bhp to 650 bhp. Amazing with hybrid 997.1 VTGS ;)

Any partial throttle hesitancy at low speeds with larger throttle body etc? :thumbs:

630-640 is what it dyno's at Imi.

Yes it's very repeatable. Heading to the Ring soon, then to Poland, then to the Med so will be a proper road trip!

Just checked and my standing mile is 190.6mph.

No hesitancy at all, the larger TB is all calibrated in :)

Mezgerite said:
Just checked and my standing mile is 190.6mph.

No hesitancy at all, the larger TB is all calibrated in :)

What calibration was required Rick as mines always had an issue since using the IPD stuff with larger throttle body?

In standing mile we ran 193mph on race fuel for reference and now have better intercoolers so hope she'll maybe be near 200mph.

Think about perhaps running standing mile at Elvington if weathers nice ;)

https://straightlinersonline.co.uk/events/event/161-tst-elvington-june-18th.html

Air flow vs throttle angle needs calibrating. If you are on Mafless this is even more critical as the ECU relies purely off the throttle angle.

I'd have to disconnect my MAF sensors to see how it drives.

After the mile as RPM increases is where the GT2/.2 housings shine I think.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back