Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Alarm Weirdness

eabeukes

Monza
After some recent work to change out the electrical part of the ignition, my keyfobs no longer lock the car. I dont get any honks or beeps to indicate somethings open, and the light flashes on the dash to tell me its all picked up etc. My indie changed the passenger door locks but made no difference.

So far the following happens:
- 3-left turn locks everything but leaves the digital dash on (and radio too unless manually switched off)
- Single left turn only locks the drivers door, nothing else
- Internal switch locks and unlocks the doors
- Windows on both sides drop correctly to open the door
- Alarm system shows key is in synch and the signal is going between them
- I cant feel any damp under the passenger seat

Any ideas on what I can try next?!

Well .. i'm pretty sure i know whats wrong .. but as i don't have the car i can't confirm it .

Term 86 S is still active .. in other words the car thinks the ignition key is still in the ignition .

If work has been done in that area then its either faulty or the wrong switch pack has been fitted to the ignition barrel / lock ass .

I would connect a tester .. look at the values and if when key removed term 86 S is still active then that would confirm the fault as being the ignition lock switch pack .

Btw .. if i'm right here .. then i'm giving myself a pat on the back .. if i'm wrong ... well .. ill just try again :D

deMort
You, sir, are a genius.

While I don't have anything to confirm Term 86 S active, I did spend £6.70 on a legit Audi switch part 4A0-905-849B (note the 'B' - very important that!!!!!) and swapped them over. As if by deMort-gic it's fixed.

Thank you!

Another gold star for deMort :thumb:

Glad it's all sorted, If you don't mind me asking which Indie do you use?

jezgreen911 said:
Another gold star for deMort :thumb:

^^^^ Too right.

Not that I wasn't impressed by Demorts knowledge already anyway, but that above is bloody marvellous.
:worship:

Can i just say this is one of those faults that when i first came across it many years ago took me rather long time to find .. hence it sticks in my memory as its .. when finally diagnosed AN oh CRAP that's so obvious moment !!!

Glad its fixed and ..

:worship: Thank you for your help .. you have no idea just how much its appreciated .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back