Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Guide to A/C system and faults .

Eldavo said:
A thin section of the insulation on the recirc flap had come off and was catching on the fan - now removed and normal service resumed. :thumb:

I think that would fall under " various things in there " lol

Sorted :D

deMort said:
I listened to about 5 seconds of that video .. its low a/c gass basically .

Regassing via pressure gauges is pretty old school .. its that old i've never learnt it !

You were right. Pro Tyre had a machine available whilst getting an alignment done so I asked them to try. It worked. I now have AC.

Only downside - because it took 900g (I think it was almost that anyway as system pretty empty), they charged me double! So £120, but I don't care as I have AC :thumb:

To be fair that's not a huge cost .. the gas isn't cheap and that's a Full regas .

To loose the gas though its either a slow leak over many years or a problem with a/c condenser being top of the list .

Sorry but i didn't read all the posts again so i might have covered this .

Hi deMort,

So, I have this odd whirring sound that goes away when AC is shut off. I have looked all along the lines and fittings and see no leaks. AC still blows cold, just makes this annoying sound.

Am I able to simply have my mechanic re-gas it? Your suggestion that these systems loose some naturally without leaks makes sense (nothing is 100% tight) and car is now 16 yrs old, so makes sense it is down. But, it is legal to re-gas without fixing "something"?

JTT - does it sound like the video I posted earlier in the thread?

That was low gas in the end. Re-gas sorted it.

Yes, whirring sound, like a bad bearing. "Seems" to vary slightly with engine RPM, but definitely stops when AC is turned off, and restarts shortly after turning AC back on.

JTT said:
But, it is legal to re-gas without fixing "something"?

Yes, this is core business for most AC garages, they empty remaining gas and top up gas and (if required) oil.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back