Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lovely MK1 GT3

Cheburator said:
Cunno said:
Cheburator said:
Cunno said:
kas750 said:
Gareth64 said:
It's a beautiful car. It's overpriced in my opinion.

Indeed, particularly being modified, in a weak colour scheme and with a few miles on the clock..

The UK Porsche car market is a strange place, a 19 year old car with 60k mile is a leggy car. The good new is 996's are easy to clock :grin: God knows what your going to do about the Halfords sorry Manthey mods though :nooo:

I guess Porsche made a ***** up of epic proportions when they bought Manthey and entrusted them with the running of their GT racing program?

I am also certain that you know far more about tuning Porsches than a team which has won the N24 more than 5 times against the best Audi, MB and BMW could throw at them...

Right...

:floor:

I think you have missed the irony of my post :dont know:

Soz...

Feel like a right tit...

:bonk:

These K400 owners :wack:

:grin:

Just the way I like them :)

All 996 GT3s are wonderful - personally my love is greatest for clubsports as they are track cars. Most mods improve the platform. If one prefers then keep original parts for resale.

Someone asked earlier in the thread whether mk1s had overtaken mk2s yet in value. I suspect that bit of interweb prediction is not a given else it would have happened by now. As much as the mk1 has a nice backstory (the first, hand built, not sold in North Am, etc, etc), to balance that out the newer mk2s were a bit sharper, quicker, generally more cars in better condition due to younger age, and roughly similarly rare. I suspect the greater value will always be in a good colour and condition clubsport of either variant.

Mark traded the black one he prefers Blue :D

:hand:

I wish. How much was this one up for again? Over my budget I'm sure.
I hope so anyway as I'd forgotten about this thread.

It looks a corker. I hope it hasn't disappeared into a collection. You wouldn't think so, being modified etc, but you never know.

£75K Mark. Dealer sounded less than professional in their handling of potential purchasers though.

Ah yes, I'd forgotten it was a CS etc.

Interesting comments about the seller. Some dealers do make you wonder A) Why they're in that business and B) How they're still in business. :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back