Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 20
997 : 2004- 71
996 : 1997-2005 30
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 3
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 22
Cayman : 2005- 15
Cayenne : 2003- 2
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
icekay
Newbie


Joined: 03 Mar 2018
Posts: 38
Location: East London


PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject: Paint refresh recommendation needed (East London/Essex/Kent) Reply with quote

Hi all,

Since the purchase last January I have been cleaning the car myself, always following a strict 2 bucket routine. I have maintained the clear coat with regular claying, micro cutting and of course a good quality wax.
My car is a cabriolet so lots of extra care has gone into keeping the roof fresh as well.

Around 22,000 miles later however, and with no garage or driveway, the car has inevitably collected a number of things I don't feel I have the right level of skill to fix; mainly stone chips, a light scrape from someone who definitely touch-parked, and a small dent in the rear wing.

I'm looking for recommendations to get these issues sorted alongside a professional paint detailing routine, so not just a detail as in this case there are small body things to fix like the aforementioned dent. I'm based in East London so preferably not too far (Essex/Kent would be perfect), but will consider slightly further trips if necessary.
I should add that I'm not extremely wealthy, have heard of a few places in London that I could trust but their figures go into the 5 figures!
_________________
2011 997 C4 GTS Cab
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
love154
Trainee


Joined: 18 Dec 2018
Posts: 74



PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say use the ultimate finish in brands hatch
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
rich291
Newbie


Joined: 09 Mar 2019
Posts: 3
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDS Keltec in Chatham are very highly regarded in the detailing world. Not the cheapest but I’ve been to them a couple of times and been very impressed.
_________________
997.1T
ex Macan GTS
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
icekay
Newbie


Joined: 03 Mar 2018
Posts: 38
Location: East London


PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers both, will make some enquiries! thumbsup
_________________
2011 997 C4 GTS Cab
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Jungle650
Newbie


Joined: 05 Feb 2019
Posts: 43
Location: Essex


PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be a good idea to get the chips and dents sorted then work on bringing the rest of the car up to scratch. That way it will be lighter on the pocket to split the work.

I can highly recommend Grant from Chigwell cosmetics who has repaired and repainted several of my friends cars. He is mobile but does a great job for dent repair, paint, wheels etc.

07944 144611 - Grant

Jungle
_________________
991.1 C4S
Audi RS3 FL 400
Audi S3 300
Audi Q3 2.0 FSI
BMW X5 35D
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
askgeez
Barcelona


Joined: 05 Apr 2015
Posts: 1476
Location: Essex


PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jungle650 wrote:
Might be a good idea to get the chips and dents sorted then work on bringing the rest of the car up to scratch. That way it will be lighter on the pocket to split the work.

I can highly recommend Grant from Chigwell cosmetics who has repaired and repainted several of my friends cars. He is mobile but does a great job for dent repair, paint, wheels etc.

07944 144611 - Grant

Jungle


Grant is a mate of mine. As of last year , a 911 owner too thumbsup he bought my old 997 C4s. He has been along to a few meets with me.

He will be chuffed to hear he is getting recommendations here
_________________
997.2 GT3 coupe Manual (03/19 >)
911 SC Targa Manual (04/19 >)
997.2 GTS coupe PDK (06/17-02/19)
997.1 C4s coupe Manual (04/15-06/17)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Jungle650
Newbie


Joined: 05 Feb 2019
Posts: 43
Location: Essex


PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

askgeez wrote:
Jungle650 wrote:
Might be a good idea to get the chips and dents sorted then work on bringing the rest of the car up to scratch. That way it will be lighter on the pocket to split the work.

I can highly recommend Grant from Chigwell cosmetics who has repaired and repainted several of my friends cars. He is mobile but does a great job for dent repair, paint, wheels etc.

07944 144611 - Grant

Jungle


Grant is a mate of mine. As of last year , a 911 owner too thumbsup he bought my old 997 C4s. He has been along to a few meets with me.

He will be chuffed to hear he is getting recommendations here



What a small world @askgeez. Yep top bloke, have recommended him lots of times and will need him shortly myself. Last work he did was on my friends BMW 5 series touring and his Ford Focus in Brentwood.. Both black cars.

Look forward to meeting you both at a future Porsche event 👍

Jungle
_________________
991.1 C4S
Audi RS3 FL 400
Audi S3 300
Audi Q3 2.0 FSI
BMW X5 35D
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
icekay
Newbie


Joined: 03 Mar 2018
Posts: 38
Location: East London


PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers @Jungle650 for the extra recommendation!

I paid KDS a visit today and their work is very impressive indeed. I particularly appreciated the practical advice that took into consideration that I do loads of miles and park the car outside, and the help in weighing the things that are perhaps not worth spending the extra money on.

They can sort out the dents for a very reasonable 5% of the overall quote, and very much sold me onto the idea of getting it coated - something I'd considered but not actually gone into the detail of pros/cons etc.

The car should go in after the summer so I'll be sure to resurrect this thread with some pics later on!
_________________
2011 997 C4 GTS Cab
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Jungle650
Newbie


Joined: 05 Feb 2019
Posts: 43
Location: Essex


PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icekay wrote:
Cheers @Jungle650 for the extra recommendation!

I paid KDS a visit today and their work is very impressive indeed. I particularly appreciated the practical advice that took into consideration that I do loads of miles and park the car outside, and the help in weighing the things that are perhaps not worth spending the extra money on.

They can sort out the dents for a very reasonable 5% of the overall quote, and very much sold me onto the idea of getting it coated - something I'd considered but not actually gone into the detail of pros/cons etc.

The car should go in after the summer so I'll be sure to resurrect this thread with some pics later on!


No probs @icekay. Make sure you take plenty of before and after photos and pls keep us all updated on your progress.

All the best
Jungle
_________________
991.1 C4S
Audi RS3 FL 400
Audi S3 300
Audi Q3 2.0 FSI
BMW X5 35D
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum