Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 C2S Gen 1.5!?

Openroad

Hi all,

I seldom post on the forum as I still feel like I am learning from reading all of your posts on a daily basis, but an exchange on Facebook today has compelled me to call upon the knowledge of the forum.

Some chap was selling his 56 plate C2S cabriolet and marketed it as a 'gen 1.5'. Now aside from 997 turbos, I've not heard of gen 1.5 relating to the Carrera / Carrera 2 models before. He went on to state that the gen 1.5 has some gen 2 parts fitted at the factory as standard!

I decided to enquire further and asked what parts were fitted and the reply was gearbox, oil cooler and under-tray. Is this correct?

Having a 56 plate C2S I'm quite interested to know if this is accurate. Stating he was from a PCGB region suggests he knows his stuff so i'm keen to read your replies...

He was asking £37,500 for his 33k mileage car which is very strong money for a Gen 1.5 car :D

Walk away quickly. This bloke is a dribbler trying to sell snake oil. As you've stated, the only Gen 1.5 applies to the Turbo.
I could assume loads by what he's trying to infer, but I can't be bothered trying to explain the mind if a charlatan.
Run away!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't interested in buying but rather the gen 1.5 status he was claiming 8)

A question for the masses here would be if a Gen1 gearbox is interchangeable with Gen 2 given that they are different engines. I'm sure the more technical amongst us will soon set it right, but never heard of a 1.5 non turbo

Openroad said:
He went on to state that the gen 1.5 has some gen 2 parts fitted at the factory as standard!

I decided to enquire further and asked what parts were fitted and the reply was gearbox, oil cooler and under-tray. Is this correct?

As the Gen 2 didn`t arrive till 2009 (ish) I find it hard to believe he had Gen 2 parts fitted on an `06 car :what:

Indeed, why would those parts be available so far ahead of the gen 2 launch.

I saw that ad too, had me wondering and nearly asked what parts from a Gen 2 it actually has.

I have an early Gen 2, 08 plate registered March 2008.

Link to the advert?

He'd be better off selling his time travel device.
Other than the tiptronic v pdk swap, the manual box is the same I believe, though much rarer in a gen 2.

Why would anyone care about the undertray or oil cooler?
Rather the updated pcm and climate.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back